“Amazing food and great service”
Review of Sugo

Sugo
Ranked #11 of 267 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2013

What a surprise for Petaluma. True and legit italian food with excellent service was not what I expected compared to other places I had been.

The bruschetta is amazing and definitely a must have to start.

The meats are all well cooked to your preference and the pastas taste fresh and made daily.

If you like Italian, it's a must visit while in town.

1  Thank i_am_the_koi

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The Penne, Creamy Pesto Verdura was a very excellent choice. Service was good even though it was a very busy Saturday night. I would recomend SUGO to any Petaluma traveler. The meal was good and prices were fair.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We visited Sufi midweek for lunch. We enjoyed the outside dinning area, and my husband settled on the chicken prosciutto panini & salad, while I choose (on the waitresses recommendation) the beet citrus & goat cheese salad. We enjoyed the perfect balance of favor and color in both of these selections. I also enjoyed the glass of wine I choose with the meal, although I forgot to ask what winery it was from. The wait staff was charming. (except maybe one server who could have smiled once in a while) :), we will definitely stop back when we are in the area, and recommend Sugo to anyone who is looking for favorful, fresh and original tasting food.

1  Thank Dmisnor
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a great meal at Sugo. My husband had braised short ribs(a special item) served over pasta. The meat was so tender and juicy and the sauce blended well with the pasta. I had the gnocci with pesto. Their pesto is a creamy pesto, which I love. I would lick out the bowl if I could. We had tiramisu and chocolate mousse for dessert. Both were really good. The service and food were great the night we ate at Sugo.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Eager to try Sugo, since we'd heard good things, and since we're often in Petaluma to visit friends, we went about a year ago+. The situation was almost comedic. We parked in the lot and were early to meet our friends, so we went around to the nearby Peet's to sit and have coffee before dinner. Then we went to dinner and we were totally unimpressed by the food. I'm not that picky, but this was some of the worst pasta I'd ever had: it was gluey, frankly, and so salty that I tried to reorder it only to be met with truly rude treatment by a very unprofessional waitress. Not wanting to make a scene, I gave up. My husband had a very pricy steak which was "like shoe leather," he reported, sort of poking at it. The ambiance was boring. The prices were high. I believe his steak was about double what we were expecting. And on top of this all, we were overcharged and the waitress insisted it was correct. Fine. Not wanting to make a scene, we just paid for the extra salad we didn't order and didn't eat. At this point, I just wanted to get out of there.

When we walked out to the car, it was ticketed for $55. There was an attendant who was in the lot. We asked him about it, and he made a giant production about how parking was for Sugo patrons only. We said we were Sugo patrons. We'd just eaten there. But he insisted we went to Peet's first, so this invalidated our parking in the lot. I asked him who I could talk to about this, and he said the Petaluma Police Department! Obviously, we just left and didn't take him up on his offer. My husband thought we should talk with the manager, but since we'd had such rude service with the waitress, we really just wanted to get home at this point.

So I wouldn't recommend this lousy, overpriced, restaurant to anyone. And if you do go, park on the street? Obviously this was probably just a misunderstanding. Still, the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

1  Thank Aqusite