“Completely unsanitary”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
traveler1243
“Completely unsanitary”
Reviewed 10 November 2009

We stopped at this Motel 6 just to sleep the night and continue our long drive. Even for the cheaper rate, this place is NOT worth it. There was a blood stain on the comforter, a questionable hair on the remote, and the counter had names carved in it. Needless to say, we slept fully clothed with no sheets or pillowcases and left immediately in the morning.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travler1243

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
SLO, california
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Me and my husband read all the reviews of this place and of course we were a bit scared, but in our experience all Motel 6's are the same. We decided to go for it, since the price was good and all we needed was a shower and a bed.
We had no problems whatsoever! Like other reviewers were saying - the room was a bit smokey smelling and that is kind of odd since it was a non-smoking room. I still don't understand that issue. But overall, the room was clean and the maids did not wake us up at 7 am - let alone 9 am to say "room service!" - which is awesome!
If you are just looking for a bed to rest your head, go for it. It's not bad.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kellyraesmik
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Room was clean, staff was courteous, they complied with my request for a quiet-ish room on the 2nd floor, near the stairs. WiFi for $3 per day. Room had a bit of a musty smell, typical of cheaper Motel 6es. There was some noise from outside, but if you're a sound sleeper you'll do okay. This was the best value I could find for a trip to Point Reyes, a reasonably short drive via D street in Petaluma.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank seedsnipe
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 September 2009

This is not a bad place, but it's not too good either.
The room was big and nice, and the bed was perfect. On the other hand, most of the towels smelled from cigarettes, although it was a no smoking room. And the blankets had cigarette holes in them.
No breakfast here, and the coffee is not really drinkable.
Not a disaster if you don't have anything else available, but i'm sure it's possible to find a better place around at the similar price.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DownPatrickHead
Toronto
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My hubby and I overnighted at the Motel 6 in Petaluma, California at the end of July 2009. The hotel ammenities themselves were very basic. Being on a budget and just passing through, we thought we were getting a good deal.

After we checked in late afternoon and went to dinner, someone stole a few items from my hubby's suitcase. We're pretty sure it was a tag-team of two cleaners. Though we reported the theft to the hotel management both by email and postal mail, we've heard nothing from them.

Sad that people resort to stealing from passers-by in their own hometown. G'uess we learned the hard ward--better pay a bit more and have peace of mind, or if you do go cheap--take everything with you, in your car, whenever you leave your room... Safer that way.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Petaluma
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I put my 65 year old mother in the Petaluma Motel 6 last night because PG&E was out due to damaged equiptment. I had left her and my 15 year old nephew there and this morning she told me that there was a dead cricket in the bed and she picked it up with tissue and flushed it down the toilet. I went to the office this morning and the foregin front desk girl called her manager and explained what I was complaining about in a different language so who knows what was said and the response I got was that my mother should have called the front desk after finding the cricket. I was about to get half the amount of the room refunded to me then the General Manager came in and said the only way we would get a refund was if we had saved the cricket for evidence.

And I must mention the fact that as I was waitng to speak with management I looked over at the intercontinnential breakfast we were told about at check in consisted of one apple sliced on a plate that had browned from sitting out.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 29 August 2008

We stayed here for few nights. We had problems after first night with key, but was settled quicky. My friend complained about stolen parfume. Otherwise room was clean and ok to stay, motel was pretty empty that time we were there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Problems with key
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank skvirli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Metro Hotel & Cafe
Metro Hotel & Cafe
#1 of 8 in Petaluma

Been to Motel 6 Petaluma? Share your experiences!