“Small venue, good Thai food”
Review of Sea Modern Thai Cusine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sea Modern Thai Cusine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Petaluma, California
“Small venue, good Thai food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good food, reasonably priced, comfortable atmosphere. They even have a pretty decent wine list. Parking is limited to street parking in a residential area.

• Visited August 2013

Petaluma, California
“The best Thai food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Hello All,

My partner and I are visiting Petaluma from the East coast, and just had the very best Thai meal we've ever tasted at SEA Thai. We had the Panko-crusted Tofu as a starter, which was superb, then the Pumpkin Red Curry and Japanese Eggplant as main courses. These are simply exquisite dishes - creatively interpreted, subtly flavored and beautifully presented. The chef is gifted and the servers were attentive, and our dishes arrived very quickly. We wished we had ordered our desserts early - we just missed the last serving of the Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake with Organic Vanilla Ice-cream. This is the first time we've posted on Tripadvisor, and we were inspired to do so by this truly excellent meal. I hope SEA Thai flourishes. We'll certainly be back next time we're in town.

• Visited July 2013
moswanderlust
“Terrific Thai in Petaluma”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I love Petaluma. I really love the quirky Metro Hotel in Petaluma. One main reason for the latter is that it is physically attached to the wonderful Sea Thai Restaurant. It's small, modern, always crowded. I travel alone, and it's great to walk into a place and be made to feel welcome and comfortable. Despite how busy they were, they sat me at a four top. The food is really excellent. A great combination of classic Thai recipes and modern twists on things. A large portion of the menu is Vegetarian and Vegan friendly. Try the little baskets. Very good and reasonably choices of wine, which is not always a given in Thai places. Reasonably priced. Go.

• Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
“Petaluma Thai”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This great little restaurant was literally next door to my hotel. The décor was very nice and the food was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!

Visited June 2013
El Cerrito, California
“Best Dish Ever”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had some seafood special (crab, scallop, and shrimp in spicy gingery sauce), and it was so good I wanted to drink the sauce. I was just in town visiting to see a show, and I seriously would go back To Petaluma just to eat this dish. We also got Thai Peanut noodles, which were good, but nothing I would have returned for, but this special they had might be the best Thai food I've ever had, and I've eaten a lot of Thai food. It was $20, and worth every penny.

Visited May 2013