“Tasty and good portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqus Cafe

Aqus Cafe
Ranked #58 of 263 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Brea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and good portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Cute little cafe. My wife enjoyed her Salad Nicoise. I had the chicken caeser wrap - very good but I would ask for less dressing next time. Nice wine selection and a great variety of food choices. Very friendly staff.

Visited June 2013

Petaluma, CA
“Community Vibe with Local Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon here, enjoying lattes and a delicious lunch. The bonus was having live music from noon til almost 4pm. It was lively and definitely community oriented. The salads we ordered were fresh and had a nice combination of ingredients. The menu is a lot more varied than at most cafes and knowing the size of the kitchen makes it even more impressive. Come and join the locals. We are a friendly bunch.

• Visited June 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great Little Cafe off the beaten path”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We wanted something nearby our Hotel and fairly quick. This was just down the street so we decided to try it. It is in a kind of residential/industrial location. Very friendly service, although you order at the counter and they bring it to you. My only suggestion is letting people know that is what you need to do. I heard several people ask how it works. The food was very fresh and delicious. Seemed to be a lot of locals eating there, which is a good thing.

• Visited May 2013
Winter Park, Colorado
“Good prices, adequate food, mellow atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We selected this restaurant based upon rankings as one of Petaluma's favorites, so I was a little surprised to learn it was self-service. You order at the counter, and they bring it to your table. We went at happy hour and ordered off the happy hour menu, so the prices were very reasonable. It seems to have a young, college-age clientele as well as the health food crowd. A number of people were working on their laptops, so it has a Starbucks feel to it as well. There was a band playing the night we were there. The music was subdued new age, so it added to the hip off-beat atmosphere. There are local artists' "paintings" on the walls, but it's not fine art by any means. It's the kind of place that reminds me of a restaurant I might have gone to in the 70's on my college campus. I had the duck flatbread, and my partner had the salmon salad. They were good enough not to be disappointing, but not so great I would give the food a "five" star rating. For the price and the casual atmosphere, it was certainly fine. We each had a beer as well as our meals, and the total bill was $26. Older generations, people who like a full service restaurant, and meat and potatoes folks might not care for this restaurant, but the 20-somethings, the cafe crowd, and health food seekers will love it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Margaret B
Petaluma, California
“Our Favorite Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Good affordable food, friendly staff, and a great location - what more can one ask for? Good gluten free and vegetarian choices. As a cafe should, Aqus offers both coffee and tea libations as well as beer and wine options. Certainly, there is something for everyone here, including both indoor and outdoor seating options.

Visited October 2012