Best Western Cajon Pass
US$145
US$142
US$93
US$86
Econo Lodge Hesperia(Hesperia)(Great Value!)
US$69
Priceline
US$109
US$77
US$78
TripAdvisor
SixPence Inn(Hesperia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdel tacothe pacific crest trailuncle joehot water takesloud plumbingstrategic locationgas station next doortrains passingsan bernardinotaco bellfreeway closepet feerailroad tracksclean roomsroom facinghot itemshot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was calling the hotel to confirm our reservation and let them know we were going to be a little late. The gentleman that answered looked up the information and immediately put me on hold when he saw that I booked through Hotwire. Rick, the manager came on the phone and started telling me that he can't change the reservation and I need to call Hotwire. I was confused and asked him what the problem was and he said all he had was a king smoking room. He said that is what Hotwire automatically books when you book through them and there is no changing it. I asked him if there was any non-smoking rooms available and he kept yelling at me telling me to calm down and told me that I needed to call Hotwire. I assured Rick that I have booked through Hotwire many times and hotels were always very accommodating and I was not sure why he was not able to change me to a non-smoking room. He ended up hanging up on me. When I called back to find out what was going on, a woman named Pat answered and started yelling at me as well. She said that they could not change my room to a non-smoking unless I called and paid more through Hotwire. I have asthma and I shared that with her and said, "Are you saying you have no non-smoking rooms available unless I call Hotwire and pay more?" She said, "You can call whoever you want?" I was really frustrated to be treated like a criminal because I booked through Hotwire. Maybe, if you book through them directly they will treat you nicely. I know it is still their choice to allow a third party to book their rooms and I do not appreciate being treated like I was because I did so. I called Hotwire and Hotwire called the hotel and they offered me a full refund. That is why I am rating them a poor instead of a terrible. As you can see by my many reviews on this site, I travel and stay in hotels all of the time, and have never been treated so rudely. I just want to warn you before you make the same mistake. Luckily, we were able to travel home safely that same night. I can't imagine what I would have done if we were stranded with no safe and healthy place to be. Not really sure how they get away with treating their customers this way.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vecchio7
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Janelle Vecchio,

Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful feedback in regards to your experience at our hotel.
Once again, from the entire team here at the Best Western Cajon Pass, we apologize about your experience and hope that you will try us again in the future. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience that we can offer.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ok, the winds are gusting to 50 mph, there are construction crews and heavy equipment surrounding the motel, trains are coming and going every 10 minutes on the opposite hill and you've got to go around the back of the 76 gas station to find the entrance; doesn't sound like a good night to be had - and wait! the key card machine is broken so the staff have to come and open the door every time you step out...

Well the room was so quiet I had to open the door several times to reassure myself that I hadn't stepped into the twilight zone. The mattress was extremely comfortable and the hot water was never ending. And to top it off the flat screen tv had a beautiful picture and all the choices that direct tv affords. What a surprise and the staff certainly went out of their way to make it comfortable.

For a brief stay, what's not to like?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve L
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Steve,
Our entire staff strongly take your comments into consideration which offers tremendous value to the hotel and helps our staff achieve the goal of providing the most wonderful and memorable experience. Even with the construction in the area, we are truly trying to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible.
Our goal is to provide the best experience possible for the guest and thank you for mentioning our 42 inch LCD TV’s including 150 HD channels that our hotel provides for the guests.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located, clean, refrigerator, microwave, pool and hot tub, and most of all I love the friendly staff. I believe that the value of the hotel experience is well worth the price. Nice work Best Western!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Kristina,
The front desk staff members are indeed very courteous and accommodating. They are assertive in making sure that our guests have a pleasant experience.
Our rooms are extremely well taken care of by our tremendous housekeepers and their focus is to provide a clean and comfortable room as you have mentioned.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

You won't get the room you paid for! Purchased room online at Best Western's website. Reserved and paid for a deluxe room. Staff changed my room from deluxe to standard and told me the room are the same. Urinate on me and tell me it is raining.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Once again, from the entire team here at the Best Western Cajon Pass, we apologize about your experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff at this hotel is extremely courteous and friendly. Our room was also very clean and comfortable. I've stayed here a few times and it has always been pleasent. You absolutely can't beat it, especially for the price!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Gretchen,
Again thank you, I hope that we can serve you in the future.