“Great local spot with authentic Mexican”
Review of Libby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Libby's Restaurant
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a very local spot, very down to earth. Service is not stellar, not bad, just kind of sullen. Food is great and very resonable. We ate twice while in the area but got take out the second time to eat at the courtyard of our accommodation - much nicer surroundings!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

After unsuccessfully trying to get into a restaurant in Booneville, we opted for Libby's -- at the suggestion of Jim, our host at The Madrones, nearby. We loved the casual (and I mean casual) vibe, the fabulous food and Libby was darling. She's a one-woman show that does it all. The only thing that would have made it perfect was a margarita (beer & wine only -- but a very nice wine list featuring local producers). We loved it.

1  Thank mmheilpern
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I just have to add my voice to the chorus of positive reviews for Libby's. My husband and I were travelling through the Anderson Valley and based on other recommendations decided to go to Libby's rather than have a more high end meal elsewhere. And we are so glad we did!

Yes, the space has pretty generic linoleum/coffee shop decor, but who cares when the food is so tasty. We were there around 6:00 on a Saturday evening, but no problem with crowds. Mostly local folks and family groups. The service was friendly and efficient, and we never felt ignored or dissed at all.

We started with an order of guacamole that really hit our taste preferences just exactly right--nice balance of citrus and spice heat with perfectly ripe avocado. For main courses we each ordered an entree. The husband had what he pronounced to be the best carnitas he ever tasted (and this from a serious Mexican pork fanatic...), and I had a carne asada ribeye steak. Grilled to perfection and wonderfully tender. Yum! Both servings were enormous with sides of rice and beans and fresh salsa. I'm not much of a rice person, but the pinto beans were delicious--obviously NOT from a can. The whole meal reminded me of food I used to get long ago at a little hole in the wall place in a tiny village on the west coast of Mexico. Minimal fuss about presentation and such, but maximum flavor. The husband washed down his meal with reasonably priced Mexican beer and I had a large glass of tasty local Pinot Noir. Absolutely no room for dessert, but we suspect the day's special blackberry sundae would have been delish, too.

All in all, we couldn't have been happier with our choice of dinner. We will most definitely make sure to eat at Libby's again the next time we're in the area!

1  Thank Marie31774
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

I'm glad we took the advice of many to check out Libby'a on our trip through Anderson Valley. It was delicious. I had the carnitas burrito- it was perfect, crispy just how good carnitas should be. My boyfriend had the pork special burrito- it was spicy and yummy. He ate the entire thing and talked about how good it was the entire time.

Libby'a has a simple menu of some gray Mexican options. Everything is fresh and made in house. I am a native San Diegan and have had my share of Mexican food. This is one of my favorites.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We insist on getting a meal, lunch or dinner every year when we visit Philo.
Food: Outstanding flavors and quality. Best carnitias we have ever had, and the pastor is excellent too. We also love the chile rellenos. The burittos are massive. The platters are well filled with meat, rice and beans.
Service: Very good. better than the average taqueria by far.
Ambiance: Good. The restaurant is clean.

TIP: Go early or they sell out. Doors close at the time on the door, but once in you are never rushed out.

Our favorite restaurant in the area, a must eat at while you in the region.