“5 star vacation in our back yard!”

and 1 more site!
Enchanted April Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Pilot Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Who knew such a beautiful, relaxing bed and breakfast was just up the hill from Sacramento. No need to travel very far to feel like we really have gotten away! My husband and I drove up one afternoon, had dinner near by, stopped at 2 wineries and came back for a jacuzzi and bubble bath! In the morning we were treated to the most amazing breakfast we have had in years. On fine china surrounded by "real" antiques! The linens were so soft and Elke, the Proprietress had thought of every decandant touch. Complete with bath salts, chocolates, special water, lovely cookies, even wonderful classic movies to pick from in the sitting room.

To top it off, there are gorgeous horses grazing in the pasture outside of our window. Next time we will bring our horses with us and enjoy the miles of trails near by! Gone only 24 hours and if felt like a real vacation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendyphoenix

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I took a 3 day mini getaway from Sacramento up to the foothills. We stayed at this wonderful B&B that we can't say enough about. Elke is the quintessential innkeeper! Very accommodating but not in your face. The place is gorgeous now and will be unbelievable in summer when trees are leafed out and it is BBQ season. From the scrumptious breakfasts to afternoon tea by the fireplace, we found it all very charming and lovely. It is a romantic setting with lots to see for the nature lovers - dozens of bird species, horses, and llamas on the adjacent properties. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deb M
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a weekend at the Enchanted April Inn and were very pleased with our stay. The property is a beautiful ranch house with horses close to Sacramento (and close to Tahoe skiing), but is far enough away from any city to give the feel of really being in the country. Living in the bay area, I had forgotten how magnificent the stars appear on a cold, clear night. The room was comfortable and the lady who runs the place, Elke, was very pleasant and accommodating. We woke up each morning to a tasty and ornate breakfast and found cookies hanging on our door when we would return in the evening. Inadvertently, we discovered the area around the inn to be very good for bird watching. We highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a peaceful retreat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Enchanted April Inn is one of the most relaxing places I've ever been. It is an absolutely gorgeous property. the views are beautiful and it is truly peaceful. The owner takes great care of everyone. We had outdoor massages, enjoyed local wine, and absolutely LOVED the breakfast that was prepared. I bought my mom and dad a gift certificate for a future stay because I knew how much they would enjoy it. And now I hear there is a hot tub and sauna! I can't wait to make my next visit! I HIGHLY recommend the Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Enchanted April B&B is my favorite Fall getaway spot of all time. Apple Hill with all of the extraordinary Apple Harvest festivities is just a short drive away. And for a California history buff like me, I love that it's just up the road from the City of Coloma and Sutter's Mill where John Marshall first discovered gold in 1848. And the excitement doesn't stop there, there are all sorts of quaint 1800 era gold rush towns nearby to explore, with lots of shops, restaurants with other cultural activities. At the end of the day, it's nothing short of magical to return to Enchanted April B&B to read a good book by the fire, with a glass of local wine. It's fun to chat with other guests and compare the day's adventures. After an evening swim in the heated pool, a comfy bed awaits to cradle you into the happiest dreams imaginable. Total bliss... Can't wait to go for my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was blessed with a special visit to Enchanted April Inn last week as part of an Afternoon Tea. My mother purchased this "event" at a local swim team fund raiser. Elke (the proprietress) donated 6 of these special certificates to the silent auction for the swim team. She is very involved in the community and is always willing to go the extra mile to raise funds for things that she see have value. We had such a wonderful time. The setting is beautiful, the home, the grounds... spectacular. The food that Elke prepared was amazing. She called it a light snack, but we were all so full when we left. The variety of wonderful finger sandwiches, scones, cookies and of course the tea was wonderful. This was not my first visit to the Inn, and it won't be my last. What a wonderful place!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have the most amazing sheets.... Rumor has it they are $1000. a set. Pure heaven...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

When I travel on business, I avoid chain hotels in all but the largest cities. Needing to pay customer visits to locations in Placer County and El Dorado County, Pilot Hill seemed like an ideal location. Enchanted April measures up to the very best in California B & Bs I know, This is no overpriced, overstuffed fluff house (we name no names). Nor is it a down at the heels property waiting to collapse. It's modern, comfortable, and affordable. Tips. On your first visit, don't arrive after sundown. Salmon Falls Road is a long ways from either II80 or I50. It is a (paved) COUNTRY road, and in the dark you can easily miss the entrance sign. Do plan to visit some Gold Country Wineries

Room Tip: Talk to Eke (the prprietress). She'll match you to a room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank C2000Consulting

Been to Enchanted April Inn? Share your experiences!