“Great find, unexpected”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Driving from San Diego to Yuma on spring break, were starving after getting off an early flight, found this gem off the highway, an unexpected yummy breakfast from an unassuming restaurant. The food was really good, we had the usual breakfast food, omelettes, pancakes and according to my 12 year old son, the best bacon EVER! The server was really nice and the chef came out to see if our meal was good. The decor is cool and authentic.

2  Thank speedyreb

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hubs and I were driving home early one recent morning from San Diego and stopped here for breakfast. It was just a chance stop. There aren't too many places to eat breakfast in the area.

Wonderful atmosphere, great breakfast and our server was friendly and really efficient. When we arrived, there were two other diners there but it quickly filled up about 15 mins after we sat down. I had eggs, hashbrowns and corned beef hash. Everything was cooked perfectly. Hubs had the Denver scram which is basically a western omelet. Coffee was a little weak but still pretty good. Service was fairly quick. We got our meal about 15 mins after we ordered it.

Yes, it's a little more spendy than going to Denny's or ordering from a drive-thru window but I'm willing to pay a little more for the most important meal of the day if the service is great, the ambiance is comfortable and I'm starving.

The diner is small with a pretty authentic 50s vibe and decor. It isn't the slick and chrome faux diner look that some places have. In other words, they don't try too hard to convince you that this is a diner. The food is probably why people come here. It's the reason we will return next time we're driving to or from San Diego. Plus it's got a homey feel and you don't feel rushed.

The only downside was the crazy parking. Since they share the space with a coffee shop, the parking in front of the coffee shop goes one way and the parking in front of the diner goes the opposite way. We mistakenly parked and entered through the coffee shop. When we left we had to back out of the parking lot into the street because another car that had parked in front of the diner was also leaving. They really should get that better organized. It's an annoyance but it won't stop us from coming back for the food.

2  Thank MollyMick
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Everytine I drive to San Diego I leave home on an empty stomach. All I take is my coffee mug, so when I reach the top of the mountains at Pine valley I can eat a very tasty breakfast, or a brunch meal. Its so tasty

1  Thank The_Darth_Fruit
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great burger called "Call the fire department", my lips are still tingling.

Well with a visit if you like tasty food in a friendly 50's themed diner.

I would certainly come back.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our family has been patrons of Major's for years now. It is our go to stop off any time we're coming back dirt bike riding or target shooting. It's a treat to see a small business that is family owned succeed. The 1950"s decor and music is "just enough" to add some atmosphere without being over the top. As always our ice tea glasses were kept full and the service was attentive throughout our meal. Patio dining is pet friendly which my brother and I greatly appreciated as we didn't want to leave our two young beagles in the truck. Not only does the diner provide fresh water for visiting dogs but they also get their own treats, which came in handy while we enjoyed our meal. The omelets and hamburgers are quite delicious, and the assortment of sandwiches feature both cold and hot options. And if you have room after the generous portions, be sure to try one of the fresh pies.

2  Thank Pentaxian