“Breakfast, The Way It Used To Be”
Review of Major's Diner

Major's Diner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This 50s diner is as close to the way it used to be as you will find. The staff know most of the customers by name, and it's always a good sign when the locals choose a place for breakfast. Service was excellent, the food was very good, and the prices more than reasonable. This isn't the hype of the 50s, this is the best of nostalgic memories come to life. I will eat here again whenever I am in the area.

3  Thank TheDocIsOut

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Since 1997 (when i lived in Alpine) through now i have always stopped at Majors anytime i am in the area. My son was a newborn back then and to this day he still loves to go to this restaurant. Every time we eat here everything goes perfectly well. One particular waitress has worked there for the entire time. We regularly make the drive out from the misison bay area in san diego on the weekend just to go eat breakfast at Majors and the trip is more than worth iot. Its nice to have a place you can go and know things will be as they always have been. I strongly recommend everyone eat there as many times in their lives as they can or their life will have to be considered a waste !!!!!!!!! My name is Troy Archer--- and i approve of this message!

1  Thank Missionbayauto
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Driving from San Diego to Yuma on spring break, were starving after getting off an early flight, found this gem off the highway, an unexpected yummy breakfast from an unassuming restaurant. The food was really good, we had the usual breakfast food, omelettes, pancakes and according to my 12 year old son, the best bacon EVER! The server was really nice and the chef came out to see if our meal was good. The decor is cool and authentic.

2  Thank speedyreb
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hubs and I were driving home early one recent morning from San Diego and stopped here for breakfast. It was just a chance stop. There aren't too many places to eat breakfast in the area.

Wonderful atmosphere, great breakfast and our server was friendly and really efficient. When we arrived, there were two other diners there but it quickly filled up about 15 mins after we sat down. I had eggs, hashbrowns and corned beef hash. Everything was cooked perfectly. Hubs had the Denver scram which is basically a western omelet. Coffee was a little weak but still pretty good. Service was fairly quick. We got our meal about 15 mins after we ordered it.

Yes, it's a little more spendy than going to Denny's or ordering from a drive-thru window but I'm willing to pay a little more for the most important meal of the day if the service is great, the ambiance is comfortable and I'm starving.

The diner is small with a pretty authentic 50s vibe and decor. It isn't the slick and chrome faux diner look that some places have. In other words, they don't try too hard to convince you that this is a diner. The food is probably why people come here. It's the reason we will return next time we're driving to or from San Diego. Plus it's got a homey feel and you don't feel rushed.

The only downside was the crazy parking. Since they share the space with a coffee shop, the parking in front of the coffee shop goes one way and the parking in front of the diner goes the opposite way. We mistakenly parked and entered through the coffee shop. When we left we had to back out of the parking lot into the street because another car that had parked in front of the diner was also leaving. They really should get that better organized. It's an annoyance but it won't stop us from coming back for the food.

2  Thank MollyMick
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Everytine I drive to San Diego I leave home on an empty stomach. All I take is my coffee mug, so when I reach the top of the mountains at Pine valley I can eat a very tasty breakfast, or a brunch meal. Its so tasty

1  Thank The_Darth_Fruit