We had stayed here before in 02/07, in the honeymoon suite (which was really great) so we called a little over a week before we wanted to have a ski weekend at dodge ridge. All of their full kitchen cabins were sold out, but Karen the co-owner, emailed me right back letting me know that they also rent out a few RV's. She was not able to provide me any pictures of it which worried me, but for $96 a night and their pet friendly policy, we said what the heck, lets make it an adventure. $20 extra flat fee for pets.
The RV was awesome! We stayed in the RV right near the proprty as you drive in, which concerned me that we'd be able to hear the traffic speeding by, but that wasn't a problem at all. Totally nature surroundings, beautiful in winter.
It had everything she said it would from the master bedroom with queen size firm comfy bed, full kitchen (fridge took a while to get really cold but we had a cooler as back up), breakfast nook, really hot water, cable tv (2 one in sitting area and one in BR - no remotes though). Toilet you have to 'pump' to flush but its easy and always worked. shower is realy small but nice and hot. It was cozy but plenty of space for the 2 of us and our pug, i could see this RV comfortably sleeping 3-4 adults or a couple and a few kids. Heater works great, its so cozy to come back to after a day of skiing. It also has a built in stereo with tape deck that were were able to hook up our ipod through and jam our songs out in stereo thru the whole RV. You just need a radio converter for ipod to do this.
Management is very nice and easy to deal with. Fun place to sled on property.
Drive to dodge ridge is so short, you can't beat the location of this place to stay.
Improvements? the rountable in the sitting area is REALLY wobbly so it'd be nice if that could be fixed. but luckily the table in the kitchen is sturdy and sits 4. So next time if they are sold out ask about this RV!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinecrest Chalet offers a variety of units that can accommodate families and groups of different sizes. From our single room cottages that sleep two to four people, to our more spacious cabins and townhouses with two to four bedrooms, kitchens and living room areas, your mountain getaway can be modest or more deluxe. All units have wi-fi access, coffee service, and seasonal access to the swimming pool, sports courts and amphitheater. It's 1 mile to Pinecrest Lake, the closest lodging to Dodge Ridge Ski Resort, and is a gateway to high Sierra fun. We are delighted to introduce Ken Hutz as the Chalet's new Director. These are exciting days in Pinecrest and we look forward to having you join us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pinecrest Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinecrest Chalet Hotel Pinecrest
- Pinecrest Chalet California