“Great Spot!”
Review of Pinecrest Chalet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinecrest
Pinecrest Chalet
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pinecrest
California
“Great Spot!”
Reviewed 12 July 2007

The feedback we're getting from all of our family says that Pinecrest
Chalet was a hit with all that attended our June 50th wedding anniversary celebration. We had 30 family and friends there from CA, FL, OH and KS in Units B, C, D & H: two infants, three toddlers, four
pre-teen, and the rest adults. The 'kids', and parents, loved the play yard and the pool. The accommodations were first rate. Four kitchens, five bathrooms, the barbecues, the amphitheater and the 2nd
level outdoor deck were perfect for our needs. Everybody that needed a separate bedroom had one. The management was friendly and helpful with our frequent towel exchanges, frequent toilet paper requests and
our 'necessary' sheet and pillow exchange. Our guests were enthralled
with the local sights. Everyone went to Yosemite, some twice. They went to the Big Trees State Park, hiked around Pinecrest lake, went to Donnell's overview and the Sonora Summit Trail Head, Columbia State Park and to Ironstone for wine tasting. We hope that Pinecrest Chalet will not change for a long time to come. We'll be back for our 75th!

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank fixitmanCalifornia

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fremont, CA
Reviewed 9 February 2007

We were pleasently suprised after reading the other review of this resort. We stayed in the "Cedar" 2-bedroom townhouse. It was beautifully furnished, clean, well stocked with everything we needed, kitchen, bedrooms and bath. We loved it and can't wait to go back, we're already panning another trip there.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank pekatricka
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 31 July 2006

We stayed in Unit H at the Pinecrest Chalet from June 30-July 3. This unit is a studio unit and upon entering you walk into the bedroom with a queen bed and a bunkbed. The upper bunkbed had no railing to keep children from falling out of it so as a result, we ended up taking the mattress off at night and putting it on the floor. The carpet was very dirty and I wore my flip flops while inside the unit. The bathroom was small but adequate and is off the kitchen.

The kitchen area was not too bad with a cute table with 4 chairs and a hutch. Kitchen utensils were sparse and the toaster did not work. Upon arrival we unloaded our food into an apartment sized refrigerator. As soon as I opened it I could tell that it was not very cold inside; I figured perhaps it was that way because it was empty. I checked the temp setting and it was already on the highest setting. I put in our food and hoped that by the next morning it would get colder.

The next morning when I got up to make breakfast, to my dismay I opened the refrigerator and it was not any colder than it was the previous day. I sent my husband to tell the manager and he was told that when the refrigerator goes from empty to full, it takes some time to get cold???? They did not offer to check it out at all. He went and bought a block of ice and we proceeded to empty out the fridge and put our food back into our cooler. Mind you I had chicken breasts, hamburgers, macaroni salad, lunch meat etc.

I put some food in the freezer since it was colder than the refrigerator but not cold enough to freeze any of the food. We had a bag of ice in there from our drive up and it was starting to melt by the next day.

Long story short is that upon checking out, I told the manager that I thought we were due some sort of credit since the refrigerator did not work properly and that is part of what we paid for. I told him we had to buy a block of ice and put our food back in our cooler to keep it cold. The manager offered me $5 for the block of ice and was very rude to me.

He asked me "What am I supposed to do? Drive down to the store and get a part? I don't know how to repair the refrigerators."
When I told him ours didn't work he argued with me and said "yes they do" and he said that he recently had purchased 5 new refrigerators. I proceeded to tell him that he should go check the fridge out in our unit and he would see that it in fact did not work properly. He continued to be rude to me and argue about it. I refused to take the $5 and told him he was falsley advertising Unit H on the website.

Their customer service was extremely poor. I was not expecting a luxurious room but did expect to get what we paid for. At $139 a night, a working refrigerator is not asking for the moon, especially when it is advertised as part of the package. And yes, I do expect him to go to the store and get whatever was needed to fix the darn thing or else have a backup ready for circumstances such as ours.

Needless to say, we will not be going back to the Pinecrest Chalets.

Stayed July 2006
13 Thank Lmccann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinecrest
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#1 of 1 in Long Barn
Christmas Tree Inn
Christmas Tree Inn
#1 of 1 in Mi Wuk Village

Been to Pinecrest Chalet? Share your experiences!