“Best sushi of the Bay!!”
Review of Happy Sashimi

Happy Sashimi
Ranked #25 of 67 Restaurants in Pinole
Cuisines: Sushi
Rome, Italy
“Best sushi of the Bay!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Who could imagine you can find the best sushi place in Pinole?? The fish is sooooo fresh and good! We tried a lot of different rolls. Titanic, 49ers (I'm a Raiders fan but it was delicious LOL) and Crazy Horse are the best!!! I'm definitely coming back!!!

• Visited January 2014

Davis, California, United States
“Bento Box -- Definitely a "Happy Meal"”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Happy Sashimi was recommended by a friend who lives in Pinole; she knows Japanese food so I expected it to be pretty good, and it was. She notes that it is definitely the best Japanese food in the Pinole area. Our meal was lunch on a weekday. We both had the bento boxes, which came with a small salad and miso soup. You are offered a choice of two main items, I chose the mixed sashimi and the saba shioyaki (salt broiled mackeral). The sashimi was very fresh and a generous portion to boot. The saba was flavorful, and also very fresh. To round out our bento boxes, there was rice, a pile of edamame, and a delightful mini cream puff!! The mini cream puff was the perfect ending to a fresh and delicious meal -- and a creative innovation that reflects current trends in Japanese popular cuisine. The location is great because Happy is in the same little mall with Trader Joe's, making it a convenient stop after running errands or before doing the grocery shopping!

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Must Have When In Pinole”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Pinole. I have never eaten anything here I did not like and I know good sushi from bad. They give you a good amount of food with your order. The quality is fresh, the service can be slow during peak times (call ahead for reservations and for to-go orders), but they are nice.

I recommend the bento boxes, california roll, crunchy roll and tempura roll. I also really love they have Gluten-Free soy. Definitely give them a try if you are in the area.

• Visited May 2013