“Strip mall delight”

Cuisines: Chinese
Taos County, New Mexico
“Strip mall delight”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

After a days trip we stopped in for a late dinner. We were courteously seated offered and received prompt beverage service. After much scrutiny of a full menu we selected the fixed price dinner special which consisted of appetizer, wonton soup two entrees and fried rice.

Cashew chicken and shrimp with snow peas were shared around the table. The appetizer had 3 items per plate, fried crab filled wonton, a shrimp which was breaded lightly and a foil wrapped morsel which tasted great but was a packaging nightmare. It was sealed tightly and also had parchment paper. What appeared to me paper thin pastry wAS paper. This was forgiven because all other items were delicacies. The portions were overly generous and we took home >50% so tomorrow will be a second happy meal! The fixed price was 14.50 plus beverages. The tablecloths and napkins are starched. We sat in the window and watched a watercolor sunset. All in all the end to a perfect day.

1 Thank Delftglass

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We took my son and his family here. They are vegetarian. The choices for them were many. The food and the service was great.

Visited July 2013
Richmond, California
“Good food. Good value.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Best Chinese food in Pinole! This place is an institution in the surrounding area. Don't miss a good meal!

• Visited May 2013
Pinole, California
“Always good, fast, and friendly.”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Uncle Chungs Szechuan is one of my family's favorite restaurants to visit anywhere in the country. We have been eating here for many years and every time the food is delicious. The staff is prompt and courteous, and the service is excellent for a casual restaurant.
The princess chicken is the best dish on the menu. It is a fried and sauced in the same manner as sweet and sour pork, but the sauce is not as sweet and there is another element to it that I just quite can't put my finger on. Trust me you'll love it. I also highly recommend the salt and pepper fish. They are not stingy with the pepper topping like other places.
For a flavor packed, inexpensive, and impeccably paced casual dining experience you would be hard pressed to beat this place.

• Visited May 2013
Earth
“Great service and prawn with walnuts”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I think this is one of my all time go to restaurants when I want to comfort food. Lovely people own the restaurant and always there working hard to please the masses.
Especially love Yolanda and miss her very much.

• Visited December 2011