“Best inn in the pismo beach area!!!”
Review of Ocean Breeze Inn

Ocean Breeze Inn
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I spent this last weekend at the Ocean Breeze Inn and had a great experience! I have no complaints about this hotel. It was VERY VERY CLEAN:) I was impressed, and the staff and management was very helpful and hospitable:) The managers both were very on top of taking care of their guests. It is in a great location in reference to the beach/pier and also it's right in the downtown but quiet enough to be peaceful! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, reasonable, relaxing environment. You can tell the people working there really put work into their jobs and care about their guests and the hotel. Loved it!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HalleyRaeanna
Breeze P, Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We thank you for sharing your positive experience with the great location, clean rooms, and relaxing environment. Thank you for appreciating the employees who work very hard to keep the customers happy and the rooms clean.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I needed to book 4 rooms a couple weeks before a last minute trip to Pismo. I found 4 rooms through a booking site. I stayed at the same hotel (different name and owners) many years ago so I felt it would be adequate. The location was perfect. Some of my family could not walk long distances and it was walking distance to town and the beach. With that said....those are the only good things about the hotel. The staff were very inhospitable! They ranged from indifferent to out-and-out rude (from the manager or owner, I believe). After driving 2+ hours, there is no early check-in, no bathrooms in the lobby (some of us had to go!), and the lobby desk has a sign about a 10:00 curfew (that is perfectly fine) with a threat of calling the police (misspelled). Rules are fine but there is a way of wording them so as to welcome your guests from the beginning. The rooms were not clean (rugs, ceiling and ceiling fans were filthy), some beds were okay; some were noisy and hard. My room (suite) was just...old. Other rooms looked a bit upgraded. The indoor pool was closed with a sign stating something about "federal regulations" kept the pool from being open but we could use a "private" pool for $8 per person! Also, there was no 2nd level access for handicapped to use the beach viewing area. Overall, the location is perfect but I will NEVER stay there again. I was embarrassed for my out-of-state family. The owners could do with some training on how to treat their customer-base and spend a little more in upgrades! The hotel could be one of the best, based on it's location but my experience was that is was one of the worst!

1  Thank Dani L

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Each guest has the right to enjoy the great location and the quiet hours after 10 p.m. are so that ALL the guests feel relaxed and we apologize that at Midnight we had to ask your friends & family to quiet down.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

For our weekend vacation to the beach, my family was very pleased with our stay here. The room was very clean with a beautiful view of the ocean. The location was also very convenient, just a street over from the main stores and restaurants, and a block from the beach and unlimited activities. Free breakfast and parking was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for your taking the time to write your review. Many families have experienced the convenience of the location and the cleanliness of the rooms. We'll continue our work to deliver a good experience for guests who are seeking affordable accommodations while enjoying all the activities in Pismo.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The only pro of this hotel is its location. Everything else is horrible. The furnishings are old and everything is dirty. If you are planning to take a shower on any day during your stay, do not bother coming here. The shower is absolutely disgusting. Moreover, the bathroom sink was full of hair. The bedding sheets were dirty. It was clear that any cleaning done was perfunctory. The manager is very mean-- we avoided her as much as possible.
If you are debating whether to stay at this hotel or not, my advice to you is to rather stay at Motel 6. At least you will not pay too much and the bed linens will be clean.

Room Tip: Just a note, the pool is never open.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My sisters and I went to Pismo Beach for my little sisters 50 Birthday we loved the time we had. The hotel staff was wonderful, the management staff told us were all the farmers markets, good restaurants, Also were you can drive on the beach witch was very cool. She told us were the best Birthday cake was for my sisters special day Madonna's it was the best cake EVER!!! Thank you so much Ocean Breeze Inn

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience at the Ocean Breeze Inn. We're continuing our improvements to the property so that everyone can enjoy Pismo Beach at price that leaves money to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

So me and my mom get here for a nice weekend to realax and bond... 3 hour drive later we get here and they don't have us in the log book.. We booked in MAY! And you didn't put us in your log! So they put us in a room meant for six people which was alright but we had to leave the next morning and at another room.. We got up at 6:30 in the morning and went to go get a different room and the cleaning lady's had to take 5 hours to clean our room and we didn't get to the water till 3 pm cause we where waiting for our room and then the whole staff wants to be rude.. Ok I'm done.. I would never come here again complete ripoff and everyone says that the owner reads these things and I hope he does cause he will know exactly who this is and he will know that his little piece of crap you call a motel sucks and the staff is RUDE and this place is a piece of Crap! Don't come here complete rip off!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Oakla

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you'll enjoy Pismo Beach at other hotels. Seems that your credit card had declined and therefore like all hotels, we released your room. The manager was able to provide you a room that had 2 beds with ocean view instead of the one bed that you had reserved. He also had to move you to another room because the room you were in was reserved for the next night. Again we hope you'll enjoy Pismo Beach at other hotels.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I don't usually review but I feel I need to say a few things. Especially since Ed the manager says he reads the reviews.
Your guest come for a reason to relax and have a comfortable stay. We have been coming to this hotel for 3 years in a row for the 4th of July holiday and we bring several other guest along who also pay for there stay. Your staff aside from the cleaning is so RUDE. Especially the woman at the desk. Your room towels and sheets need to be washed in BLEACH! It would be a good idea to have 40 extra towels as backup supply in the lobby. You are near the beach so people may possibly need another shower during the day. It's cold in Pismo and towels don't dry over night. Parking is a must for guests! You can not allow random people who go to the beach use up the spaces. We pay for our stay and parking space !!! The pool is a sad situation, you shouldn't advertise a pool if its not in service! I would like to post photos of the "clean towels" that I was given to use. 1 had melted ice cream and the other had some bugs nesting in it. I know this place has the potential to be a great hotel, your right next to the beach. Get rid of your unfriendly staff, wash using bleach and STOP THE EXCUSES!!! Your busy what 4 months out of the whole year? Get your S%%T together or get out of the HOSPITALITY BUSINESS !!! Your losing your customers!!!

Room Tip: For a ocean view and internet service book the rooms above the lobby. Bring your own towels, sheets...
2  Thank pkakridas
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We apologize for your experience. We'll review our cleaning practices. We use industry standard equipment and chemicals to offer clean bedding and rooms. We hope you'll visit Pismo again.