“good location”
Review of Ocean Breeze Inn

Ocean Breeze Inn
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 25 September 2013

nothing fancy but just steps to beach and downtown. try Pismo fish and chips on cypress, best in town. old west cinnamon rolls around the corner. good live music most nights at harrys. guiseppes Italian deli is a good value for to go items.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sooner123
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed the convenient location.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Position was excellent walk to the beach but that's where it ends - the manager was not friendly at all would not speak, rooms were old and need work, bed sags badly, pool out of order, we were worried about safety as people across the street dodgy, breakfast a joke - don't bother

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank JaniceThomas_13
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We apologize for your experience. We offer a basic breakfast consisting of coffee, tea, juice, muffins, bread, cereals. We'll use your feedback to review the bed condition. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family and I spent a wonderful, extended weekend at this lovely inn. It was close to everything we wanted to visit, eat and see. The room was exceptionally nice. It was big and super clean. It wasn't a lot of people making a lot of noise so we could hear the ocean from our patio. The inn manager, Joyce, made our stay very pleasant. She was very prompt and courteous in handling any issue or concerns we had. She even recommended a great place to eat just around the corner from the inn. I would definitely recommend and revisit again. Thanks once again for a memorable time for my family and me.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Just talk to Joyce, manager, she is extremely helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We hope to see you in Pismo Beach again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Bad customer service! Toilet clogged in middle of night. No one answers phone in office. People partying on deck in front of 3 hotel rooms until 3:30 am!! Again, no help from front desk. Pool closed. Bathroom sink didn't drain. Mold growing on faucet handle. Very little parking for amount of guest rooms. Had to park on street most of the time. Will NEVER go there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We apologize for your experience. We do ask guests to be quiet after 10 p.m. and the management does ask guests that are noisy to quiet down after 10 p.m.. We also state in our policies that we encourage guests who do not wish to be quiet after 10 p.m. stay somewhere else. Thank you and we hope you visit Pismo again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had the unpleasant experience of staying at this Inn. I have photos to prove low quality blankets, grime and grease on the overhead fans, mold in the toilet and blood stain on the sheet. When I complained to the female manager on duty who had no name tag about my issues she was more interested in just getting me to leave than to hear what I wanted to say about the poor accommodation's. Since I had arrived late to the area and did not know my way around Pismo Beach I expected at minimum to have a clean room for the price I was paying, $133.00 for a single queen bed for the night. I would have expected at least an apology that did not seemed forced, her only alternatives were to say housekeeping is busy and they cant keep up or that if I was leaving that she could take the key so I didn't have to go to the office.
I will make sure that whoever I know is going to the area will never stay there. Again this is not an idle complaint....I HAVE PHOTOS to prove what I encountered at this INN.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms since the manager indicated housekeeping is too busy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for your review and we apologize for your experience. Our linens are washed using industry standard washing detergents. After your review, we examined the "blood stains" and appear to be rust spots. We're taking steps to eliminate the rust spots. We've also educated housekeeping about keeping the fans clean. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a very decent hotel for the price. But the most valuable asset is it's location. A block from the beach, shopping and restaurants. The rooms are a little small but clean and it seems they have been repainted and new furniture has been added. Overall I will be going back here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends