“Hidden Gem”
Review of BeachComber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
BeachComber Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Pismo Beach B&B and Inns
Bakersfield, California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a hidden gem of a hotel. The hotel is centrally located and close to the pier, shops, and restaurants. You are in walking distance from everything worthwhile. The rooms are remodeled with great little touches throughout the rooms. The room has a small kitchenette and even includes a Keurig machine and coffee. There are only seven rooms but they are all equally cozy with updated touches.

The proprietor "Grace" is what makes the stay even more enjoyable. She is friendly and greets everyone with a smile. Grace is the reason I come back and stay at the Beachcomber on my trips to Pismo. Some "Travel advisors" have ranted that there is no "maid service" but there is if you follow the hotels simple room. Put your maid service sign on the door and Grace personally cleans the room. I had to change rooms due to me booking a last minute reservation and personally watched as Grace spent 45 minutes cleaning our upcoming room. The room was spotless and a shout out to Grace for her caring and hard work she puts into everyone's experience in staying at the Beachcomber.

I highly recommend your stay at the Beachcomber.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a lovely time, the room was so cozy and darling decorations..The kitchenette was a plus, the room was very clean.Loved all the special touches, we will be back !!
Thank you Grace !!
J & L Owens

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorna K
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I want to just say that Grace the inn keeper is the best. She is very good at making you feel welcomed not only at her hotel but in Pismo Beach period. She told my wife and me what places to go around there and what to except. It was great!!! The hotel has everything ......and I mean everything you need......As you can see most reviews have a 5 Star with great reviews...From now on every time I go to Pismo.....I will definitely be staying there. Thank you Grace!!!! Lalo & Sandra

Room Tip: Parking is small, but once your in....No need to drive anywhere!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Antelope, California, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I made a weekend reservation for our wedding weekend, because we liked the interior of the room for a 2-night weekend stay at the Beach Comber Inn.

This room was good-sized for a studio apt,

a tub/shower, the shower and toilet area seemed a bit cramped with little room to move about or get in the shower... great water pressure and plenty of hot water, although the shower nob handle was cracked and fell off when I went to turn on the shower;

... free wi-fi, but was so slow and crappy I couldn't get a good enough connection to use it for my iphone and ended up using my cell network instead.

When we purchase a room, we expect to experience something worth while an compensated for what we paid for. This was impossible during our stay.

There are seven rooms all together, all up on a second level, a worn outside concrete walkway. The parking lot is so tiny and has poles that get in the way of pulling in, good luck trying to back up without hitting the concrete wall behind the lot, pulling forward might be easy if you happen to get there with all the other spaces empty being that theres maybe 7-8 parking spaces... its close to impossible to move your car in and out without a hassle.

Our room above the office -- was by a busy street that featured motorcycle and vehicle noises that roared by all night into the earlier hours of the morning from 1-4am along with gas fumes. Music blared from an establishment across the street. Even the windows closed we could hear the conversations of people passing by.

Both mornings a street-cleaning vehicle roared by at 6 a.m.
the view was lousy..mainly vehicles parked in two large parking lots. Could smell fish and chips cooking in a nearby restaurant.

The room's king-size mattress gave lousy support. Both nights we tossed and turned and woke with Our backs aching horribly every morning.

No one cleaned the room during our stay. My first night I got into the shower to find someones old razor cartridge sitting on the edge of the back corner of the tub. The bottom of the tub looked a little dirt stained.I Made boutonnieres and my bouquet the night before our wedding so we had over flowing garbage, the next day no one came in to clean the room to clean or switch out trash bags. I was even kind enough to pick up all trash and put it in the trash containers throughout the room, cleared off all the counter tops of debris and picked up before checking out. We even straightened kitchen and bathroom counters, but woke kinda late out last morning and had 10 mins before checkout.

Manager was extremely tactless and unprofessional, never have I ever experienced such horrible customer service. Upon leave the premises my husband received a snide text from the office clerk to not come back because we didn't clean the room for them. We Saw no written Information about policy and the owner said nothing about cleaning during our short check-in.I dont know if this is standard procedure for short-term customers or what but no one pays $189 a night to clean their own room part of paying for the luxury, especially on our wedding weekend.

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE HORRIBLE BUSINESS

felt the room was not worth $189 (plus 11 percent tax) for each of our sleep-interrupted nights.

Stayed Oct 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Lizabeth V
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

What more can I say...all the reviews are perfect to point! Starting with Grace who is adorable and goes out of her way to make sure you have everything, anything you need for your stay. My sister and I were meeting friends in Morro Bay and needed an address...Grace got us the address and gave us great directions! The motel is exactly as described in other reviews...a bit weathered on the outside but the inside is upgraded with high-end appointments...granite counter tops, marble subway tile in the shower, plantation shutters, beautiful hardwood floors and carpets. You will have everything you need...it is very well stocked. Super location, you can walk to all the restaurants and shops and the pier. Easy drive to SLO vineyards and surrounding towns. One small con, the street sweeper is out working in the AM on the street so if you are a light sleeper ask for room # 5, it is in the back and very quiet.

Room Tip: Room # 5 is in the back and quiet in the morning!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been staying her for the last 9 years, the rooms are always the best
, Grace the inn keeper makes you feel as if you live here and it's her objective to make you feel at home.
It's always clean, neat and well taking care of.
Our vacation wouldnt be complete without the Beachcomber

• Stayed October 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 29 September 2013

At first, finding the place is confusing if you never been there. Our GPS couldn't pin point the exact address. Parking space is just handful and tight especially if other vehicles are parked. Room is clean and well decorated. It came with mini kitchenette. Grace is the inn keeper and very kind. Close to the beach, bike rental, various restaurants, shops and about less than 10 minutes to the Outlet.

• Stayed August 2013