“Really good Italian Food”
Review of Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana was founded in 1988 by Giuseppe DiFronzo as a senior project upon graduation from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Joe, “Giuseppe”, is a son of Italian immigrants who along with the majority of their family emigrated from Bari, Puglia. Puglia is the heel of the boot region of Italy, otherwise known as the California of Italy.Joe grew up in Southern California where he learned his craft working for his four uncles who all owned Italian Delicatessens and bakeries. After fishing in Alaska on a crab boat upon graduation from Cal Poly, Joe returned to Pismo Beach and started his first 8-table restaurant in the old Landmark Hotel in Pismo. Three years later he moved to the historic Plessas Tavern, a Pismo landmark since 1921. This institution fed the likes of Eleanor Roosevelt, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, and many dignitaries and stars traveling between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Locals were thrilled to see the eatery reopen and thrive for the last 24 years! Today Giuseppe’s boasts an Italian deli and bakery across the street at 800 Price Street as well. Giuseppe also opened a sister restaurant in 2005 in downtown San Luis Obispo named “Palazzo Giuseppe.” Giuseppe spends his pastime cultivating his family farm from which he produces his 15 year old “DiFronzo Vineyards” wines, featured in his eateries. In addition to wine, he grows, cooks, and serves his organic heirloom fruits, vegetables, and herbs with pride and confidence.
Pleasant Hill, California
“Really good Italian Food”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for dinner and we are glad they did. She warned us there might be a bit of a wait on a Friday night. In deed we did have to wait 45 minutes to be seated but it was worth the wait. There is a full bar where you can wet your whistle while waiting. We sat in the main dinning room and it was quiet loud but the food was so good it didn't really matter. The complimentary garlic and parmesan spread that accompanied the bread was very tasty. The stuffed mushroom appetizer had a delicious cheese sauce. The caprese salad was very fresh. The prim rib offered an enormous portion. The pancetta wrapped shrimp entree is also recommended. I would definitely go back again if in the area. Although, if possible make sure to get a reservation beforehand.

Azusa, California
“Great Italiano!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have eaten a lot of Italian food over the years, including a one week visit to Rome, Florence, Venice and the southern coast of Italy. So it means something when I say I had the best Italian meal of my life at Giuseppe's. Bravo!

San Francisco, California
“Good quality overall”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a fun place to go with a 'crowd-pleaser' menu. I've been a few times and the service has always been very good. Prices are on par for the level of food and service. For me, it's a reliable destination; I feel comfortable going for both a business dinner or with friends.

The food is good and they have an approachable wine list with local favorites. The style is traditional American/Italian food.

East Lyme, CT
“Great Meal in Back room”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had dinner in the back room with all my in-laws the day before my sister-in-laws wedding on Saturday. The back room was nice and private. The food was very good and most of the service was good. The only negative was at the end. They never asked if we wanted coffee or desert. We finished dinner and next thing I know, I get the bill. It was like they were trying to push us out the door. Otherwise, it was very nice.

Temecula, California, United States
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Their pizza reminded me of a place in Phoenix! Thick gooey cheese and just the right amount of toppings! I will definately eat here again the next time we come for a getaway!

Visited September 2013