“Amazing View”
Review of Kon Tiki Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Kon Tiki Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wow...gorgeous view from our third floor balcony! Room is very clean and nice. Love the recliner couch in our room too. Just far enough off the highway to be nice and quiet...and hearing the ocean waves is soon relaxing. Wish I'd brought my swimsuit to take advantage of the two jacuzzi tubs and pool. Stairs right in front lead to the ocean. Topped it all off with an amazing sunset.
This is our new favorite spot in Pismo. We'll be back !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon S

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were going to have a long drive to LA and decided to overnight at Pismo Beach. We wanted an ocean view. Wow, did we ever get one at the Kon Tiki Inn, plus lots of amenities that are worth writing about.
Elevator up to the second floor took us to a lovely, large room with two queen beds, a round table near the sliding glass door with two upholstered rolling chairs with an adjustable back - amazing. My main pet peeve with motels is that more often than not a room with two queen beds, which can basically sleep four, comes with ONE chair. Everyone else has to sit on the beds? No way. All the rooms on 2-3rd floors have ocean view private balconies, each with two chairs and a table. Fantastic. There is a desk with task chair & three excellent reading lights. The room also had a low dresser with a top large/long enough to accommodate two suitcases. Most rooms come with ONE luggage stand - where do the other suitcases go? On the floor?
The room also came with two sinks, one outside, with a vanity, and one inside with a large vanity. Two people can get ready at the same time! Novel idea! The tub/shower also had two grab bars - amazing!
There was a large TV, coffee maker, refrigerator, safe & hair dryer. Ice machines are on the 1st & 3rd floors.
The location is easy, directly off Hwy 1 exit, and there is a liquor store across the street. Steamers Restaurant is next door. There are two hot tubs & a pool, will be nice in warmer weather. But it was mild enough that we slept with the door open and drifted off to the sound of the ocean waves - what a place! And our off-season rate could not be beat!! We'll return.

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd floor rooms have private balconies; 1st floor rooms would have best access to the pool...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is my second time staying at Kon Tiki. Last year, I found the accommodations, location and services so good, my wife posted a very favorable review here. Since then, they have made a significant upgrade to their television and wi-fi Internet service. All the TVs were replaced by 40-inch HD flat screen models, with significantly more high-definition channels than before. On our last visit, the Internet service was spotty and barely acceptable for video streaming. It now delivers solid wi-fi signals in every area that I tried. Download speed is in excess of 7 Mb, with upload speed nearly as high.
Even though the inn was full last night, the breakfast area was large enough to serve me comfortably, even at the peak breakfast hour. The food choices were excellent as before.
All of this for no increase in price from last year. My wife and I have visited Pismo Beach each year for our "Ocean Fix". So it was a no-brainer selecting it for my business trip.
Hats off to them!

Room Tip: Not necessary. All rooms have a panoramic ocean view with stunning sunsets.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl G
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been staying at the Kon Tiki Inn almost every time I travel through the area for work and it beats the other hotels hands down in terms of value, amenities, comfort, friendliness of staff, and the view! In fact, I had been staying at some of the more expensive area hotels prior to stumbling upon the Kon Tiki Inn and now that I've been a guest here, there's no going back.

Staff are always helpful and friendly and I've got to say this is probably the quickest and easiest check-in process of any of the hotels. Takes about two minutes from their warm greeting to get your room key. All rooms have a great view. I prefer to stay on an upper level for security purposes since I like to leave my balcony door open at night to listen to the waves. I would love to come back with my family to enjoy some more of the emenities the hotel has to offer. Seems like families have a great time here. Even with that said, the environment is relaxing and peaceful.

Decor is a bit outdated but can easily be overlooked. The rooms are large and clean and the beds plenty comfortable. Would be nice if the sheets and towels were a tad softer, but they are not inadequate by any means. It would be really nice if there were microwaves in the rooms or at least one on the grounds that guests can use.

Overall, this is an awesome place to stay!!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you will be accessing the pool frequently. Upper floors are good if you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 5 November 2013

What a gem of a find.Only went by chance to break the journey to San Francisco. Wish we could have stayed all week. Every room with an ocean view. Huge room with log effect fire ,big bed,big TV. Nice oval pool screened from the wind and a couple of jacuzzi's at the end.Real value for money.Ten minute slow walk to the town.

Room Tip: Only choice to make is whether you want a ground floor room or not. Upper floors give you a fantasti...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allan P
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is our favorite hotel! The staff are super nice and extremely accomidating! Even lost a ring there once and I called when I got home...they mailed it back to me! Every room has an ocean view. Beds are comfortable. Complimentary breakfast. Location is good. It doesn't get any better then this! We will come bach here again and again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brinduz
Reviewed 21 October 2013

we stayed here for two nights in September...the hotel was great.... I loved relaxing by the pool, it was quiet, easy to get down to the beach with the steps... we were able to walk downtown to go to a nice restaurant that was recommended by the hotel staff. breakfast that was included was great! clean room with a beautiful view!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple