“The Best in Pismo”
Review of Kon Tiki Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Kon Tiki Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I've stayed at pretty much every hotel in Pismo and this one is my favorite. I'ts not by any means the ritziest and does not have all the amenities of some of the higher dollar hotels but there is a feeling of tranquility the minute you pull into the parking lot. I have spent $300-$400 a night for other rooms in town and I would choose Kon Tiki even if it was the same price. Beautiful clean rooms, PERFECT location and incredible views. I LOVE this place.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank vbail651

Reviewed 28 April 2009

Great hotel! Super friendly staff. Room was OK, not amazing, but clean and fairly modern. The outdoor hot tubs are very nice and we met some fellow travellers out there at night. We had a great stay.

2  Thank Neal B
Reviewed 28 April 2009

So I was looking for a hotel with a reasonable price tag but where I wasn't sacrificing location. This hotel takes the cake. The rooms are large (although the bathroom wasn't), and clean if a little dated. But as soon as I opened the sliding glass door to the balcony, it was all worthwhile. Every room has an ocean view. I requested a third floor (top story) room so that I could have the best view possible, and was definitely not disappointed. We slept with the sliding door cracked so that we could wake up to the sounds of the ocean. For the price, I couldn't have asked for anything more. The hot tubs are nice, and overlook the ocean. The hotel staff was very helpful as well. I hit them with question after question about restaurants, outdoor activities and hikes, where to go wine-tasting, even where to watch a Lakers game in HD in the town! They were very helpful, and patient as well. The free continental breakfast didn't look very good, so we didn't hang around for breakfast, but I'm not a fan of Farmers Bros coffee (yep I'm a snob)... but for those who are looking for a simple breakfast (fruit, cereal, bagels, etc) then this should work for you... I need some steak and eggs in the morning! The location is great; you can walk along the beach to go to "the strip" and get food or go shopping, and you're far enough from the pier that you don't have to worry about all of the crowds. Unless you want to pay more for Dolphin Cove or The Cliffs, this is the best hotel in Pismo.

4  Thank LARaru
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Kon Tiki was the second stop on our route down Highway 1 from SF to LA. Didnt know what to epxpect but reviews on TA had been positive.
Pismo is a little more of a resort than I had imagined but nice nonetheless
All Kon Tikis rooms face the ocean and we stayed on the 4th floor in a room with a great view. The room is a little outdated but clean and spacious.
They have an onsite fitness centre which although we didnt have time to use did have a racketball/squash court. When I popped in to ask directions to breakfast the guy on duty was friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was continental style and a bit basic but Im sure there are alternatives in the area within a small walk/drive
It doesnt rate as one of favourite destinations or hotels ever but I would be more than happy to return and spend some more time there
One other thing of note: in the evening ate at a small restaurant called the Cracked Crab - fun and very tasty - go!

2  Thank ed_uk_08
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Spent 2 nights at the Kon Tiki Inn with my family. The location is brilliant with fantastic views over the beach at Pismo.
The rooms are very large and bright, the bathrooms very spacious and clean.
We stayed on the ground floor (I would recommend this) which gave us better access to the pool and beach and a larger sitting area outside our room. The grounds are kept very tidy and pretty.
All the rooms have excellent sea views and it is an amazing beach to look at. There are about 300 steps down to the beach !! but you can walk down the street instead an avoid all the steps.
The breakfasts were fine and there are a number of small restaurants and cafes in the town itself whcih are only a couple of minutes walk.
Avoid the Mexican restaurant at Five Cities Drive (next to the outlet shopping). This is the worst restaurant we have visited and overpriced.
We came across this hotel by accident and thought it would be more expensive. We paid $101 inc taxes for room and breakfast per night. Not bad considering some of the 'lesser' hotels charge about the same but don;t have the amazing location the Kon Tiki has.
Would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank niknaks23
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We stopped by this hotel on our drive up the pacific highway. This hotel is right on the beach. We stayed on the second floor and kept our patio door open during the night and heard the crashing on the waves against the beach. Room is no frills but the location is wonderful. (Note - Hotel is on a small bluff so there are stairs to the beach, may not be accessib le for every one). Continental breakfast was small with very few selections.

2  Thank Baumbros29
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Our stay at the Kon Tiki was spectular !!!Our room was clean, quite and a great location. We were on the North end of the Hotel. The views here are breath taking and every room has an amazing view. The pool, sauna, hot tubs and the fitiness center were a big plus for us, as well as the Tennis courts they were all great!!!
They have a nice continental breakfast too. The steps to the beach are just near the pool so the location is super! you can walk into downtown Pismo from here in about 15 minutes ...perfect for shopping and eating. We will difentily come back here to stay.
For the value and service it's outstanding, not to mention the views........... BEAUTIFUL Our room was clean nice and the staff was great to us.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple