“Just love this unique little restaurant”
Review of Alphy's Adobe Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alphy's Adobe Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I've been meaning to write a review for Adobe's for over a year now. I've stopped there several times while driving through Pismo Beach. I love that the food is unique with a Southwestern bent, but there is also American type food there. The food is tasty and different with unusual combinations and menu items such as the beef brisket. I also love that the people who work there seem very enthusiastic about their food and will give you suggestions about what to combine with what and might even be willing to cook something up that you want which is not on the menu. The portions are generous and the food is tasty and affordable. I don't know of another place like this. You walk up to order and the food is brought to you. This place also has items for children and it's not a bad place to take the kiddos as long as you don't let them run wild which no customer enjoys. It's casual and friendly.

1  Thank localyokel219
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I visit Pismo Beach on a regular basis and have eaten at the Adobe Grill twice. The food is excellent. I have had their fish and chips which was cooked perfectly, and I have ordered fish and chips dozens of times at other restaurants. This visit I had fish tacos, once again outstanding, my wife had cheese quesadillas, the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant is very casual and the prices are very very reasonable, really just slightly above fast food prices. If you are in the area this place is an outstanding choice.

1  Thank harr0007
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband and I were starving on our long drive from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara. We pulled off on the exit and found this restaurant tucked in the corner of a strip mall. We were so hungry, we figured we would take a risk and try this unfamiliar place. Wow, we couldn't have been more thrilled!

We were greeted by friendly staff. We both ordered a healthy spin on the quesadilla. The cashier recommended that we get them with the sautéed vegetables. He said that they would be "like Mexican pizza".

We were not disappointed! The spinach tortilla, filled with squash, tomato, fresh avocado, and cheese was so delicious! It was just what we were looking for: healthy, filling, and affordable!

2  Thank GoldenGirl1978