“filthiest, dirtiest hotel I ever stayed in and not cheap.”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We got a 'family' room-two bedrooms, have to walk through one to get to the bathroom. Microwave was broken and filthy. Fridge-freezer never been defrosted, full of black mould and broken fittings. Towels were crispy. Wires hanging off walls. Work surface covered in crumbs, dust and the odd hair. I bought cleaning stuff because I couldn't rest with such muck and they seemed to have used it when they made the beds on day 2. Looks like we're staying in somebody's apartment. Stinks of smoke and I'm guessing this place is more used to being rented by the hour! Breakfast- stale donuts and cheap 'oreos' served at reception to take back to your room as its standing room only. Couldn't even tempt the kids.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank FMCarbery

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the positives.... Very friendly Manager in the office who kindly told us if we heard a 3-5 minute siren it was only an emergency at the local nuclear power plant! Close to the beach.
Other than that - filthy, filthy filthy!! Sleep in your car!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jude K
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Small dirty room with stains on the walls and carpet.vanity unit in bed room not bathroom,shower and toilet fittings rusty and corroded.Wardrobe was piece of wooden rod tacked onto the wall directly above the microwave which sat on top of a small dirty and mouldy fridge.Had to be at least 6 feet tall to reach.Shower never got above tepid temperature.Even in back blocks of some third world countries have never experienced such poor conditions.Americans should be ashamed that such businesses are allowed to exist.Consider what this is doing to your reputation as a tourist destination.

Room Tip: Pick up your bag and head to another Motel. Any motel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank macdurst
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Fiancé and I got a room for out anniversary ad about two n the morning finished watching a movie n noticed something crawling across our pillow. Started looking and found bed bugs. The more we looked the more we found. Un-real and soooo gross!

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Momfrogof5
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had the room above the office this room should never be used mold in the bathroom dirty walls and the fridge was nasty carpet had stains everywhere. I have stayed in many hotels/motels and this was the worst ever please do not stay here pay extra and go somewhere else. I don't write reviews but I felt I needed to warn people about this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank George S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great price, basic motel with no frills but a perfect location a couple of blocks from the pier. Check in seems a little late - 2pm, but worked out OK. Clean, pleasant staff, full kitchen was a surprise. No coffee maker, however, and lobby coffee is not ready until 8am. We found a candy store offering coffee at 7am near the pier, then left for our family Thanksgiving in nearby Grover Beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lcat3
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Upon walking into a queen room I booked, I noticed the room was very small. It appeared clean but there was lots of stains on the carpet and later I discovered it was NOT clean. The metal heater in the wall looked old and had rust everywhere, I didn't use it so I'm not sure if it worked. There was a modern sink in the corner of the room with granite. The tv was big and bulky but there was good channel selection and free wifi. The bed appeared clean until I lifted the sheets to find two baby roaches! Thank goodness I brought all my own sheets and it was almost check out when I saw that. You can tell the construction has changed by all the uneven drywall on thr ceiling. The water pressure in the shower sucked and the shower curtain was so tiny that water splashed everywhere! Also showerhead was rusty. The linoleum floor in the bathroom was peeling up around the edges and I could see water damage under from the shower. Only two small bars of soap are provided. The towels felt like sand paper. The fridge and microwave came in handy and the hotel is walking distance to the beach. Desk lady said she was charging my card for having extra people when she saw two buddies leave after we had some beers. She insisted she saw them and was very rude. Though the proximity to the beach is good I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013