“Beautiful rooms in a stunning setting”

Pismo Lighthouse Suites
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of time and I think this place is lovely. The rooms are huge. There were only two of us in a two bedroom suite and the price is very reasonable considering where you are and what you are getting. You are just out of town which is nice but in a great location to look down over the sandy beach or watch dolphins just off the coast. The breakfast room is perhaps a touch twee for the number of rooms but that's just being picky. The staff are friendly and helpful and I look forward to coming back as soon as I can.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 143Beck143
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for visiting us again. We are so happy you were able to enjoy the dolphins. If you need any assistance with future reservations please let us know!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our family of 5 had an enjoyable spur-of-the moment Spring Break weekend in Pismo Beach March 2014. Pismo Lighthouse Suites was perfect for our family. Easy, friendly check-in. My children enjoyed fresh, home made cookies the receptionist doled out at check-in. Great first impression! Then we got to our room! Room 3301 is by far the best room in the house!!! 3rd floor, corner 1 bdrm/2bath suite with sitting area, balcony, oceanview, bright, airy, comfy beds, linens, ample storage, kitchenette with coffeemaker...spotless....it was a short walk down the path to the beach (but lots of stairs...renovated but still steep...be careful), swimming pool and hot tub were on the other side of the building...with nice supply of beach towels and lounge chairs, included continental breakfast across the parking lot and the hotel is centrally located between Avila and Pismo Downtown....and a short drive to Oceano Dunes! The only negative? Pull out couch mattress was a nightmare to sleep on...When we return, we will definately stay here again...but we'll ask for a roll-away if the pull out couch hasn't been updated.

Room Tip: Higher the better; spring for oceanside/oceanview; ask for corner suites for most windows/light
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mama_of_3Boyz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that the sofa bed wasn't to your satisfaction. We do use memory foam sofa mattresses but we will research the mechanism below if for the room you specified. It was a pleasure to read about the great experience that you had and we will have the cookies waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately, we only stayed here for one night, but we loved this place and hope to return soon. The front desk staff was polite enough, but I have one small gripe and it may sound petty, but it irked me enough that I remembered it, so I'll mention it. When we walked in to check in, I noticed there was a bowl on the counter, filled with microwaveable bags of popcorn that had a sign on it reading "$1.00", I also saw several small white paper bags that appeared to contain cookies, but I assumed they cost money as well, so I didn't ask. After checking in and getting settled in our room, I read something (I don't remember if I read it on my iPad or on something that was in the room, but the source is irrelevant) that stated. "Free cookies at check-in". This bothered me because why wouldn't they offer? There were three of them standing there doing nothing, and I was there with my wife and two small children. CHILDREN!!! Who likes cookies more than kids???!!! Anyway, like I said, it may sound petty, but I thought it would have been nice if they had offered, because it wasn't like there was a sign that read "please take a complimentary cookie".

So, onto the room. When we walked in, we were really happy at the brand new, clean feel the place had, especially compared to the Best Western Plus Beach Resort in Monterey, where we had checked out of a couple hours before. I headed straight for the balcony to check out our view, but as I approached, I could see a large palm tree obstructing a good portion of our ocean front view. I called the front desk and asked if they had another room like ours and told them I wasn't crazy about the palm tree in our way. The gentleman was quick to say it wasn't a problem and that he would move us. I went to the front desk, switched keys and grabbed some free cookies, which were pretty good.

Again, this was a quick stay, but the place is super clean and right on the ocean. Can't ask for too much more than that (except the offering of cookies).

Just remember to get an oceanfront room AND make sure you ask at check in, if there are any trees obstructing the view, if so, get one with an unobstructed view.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shawn M

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am so sorry to hear that you weren't offered any complimentary cookies at check in. We definitely should have made the effort to do that. Due to food allergies a lot of the time the staff can be hesitant to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that the staff was able to accommodate your request to relocate suites. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have stayed at the Lighthouse suites many times but my favorite is the oceanfront suite. It is spacious and has a view you can not beat. I can't think of a better place to stay when you go to the central coast. the rooms are clean and the grounds are very well kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcy V

Thank you for staying with us Marcy. We hope to see you on your next trip down here to the Central Coast.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We traveled to Pismo in April,my adult daughter, my husband, and myself. We stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed the facilities. My daughter appreciated having her own room to chill out in after we did dinner and seen the sights. Loved the layout.. well worth the $$. Thank you Pismo Lighthouse Suites for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank adventurer26

We are so happy that you chose to stay with us on your visit to the California cost. Thank you for staying with us, it was our pleasure.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just returned home for our trip at Lighthouse suites in Pismo Beach CA. We were traveling with our daughter and grand daughter, so we reserved the "Family Suite" The set up of the rooms two separate bedrooms and two bathrooms was very nice. We stayed 6 nights so we did not feel we were on top of each other and the extra bathroom made it quicker to get ready to go anywhere. The only down side to the suite is that it did not seem to be the 950 square feet that we were expecting, but we enjoyed it anyway!! The room was immaculate. We had a between the buildings view of the ocean and a great view of the sports court. Just so you are not surprised the Hotel only has heat, not air conditioning...we did not need air conditioning and daughter even used heat at night to take off the chill of the room. We had our window open.

The breakfast that is included, could use a change up maybe every other day of items, perhaps different fruit salads, fresh melons, peaches, berries when in season.

Place to try in Pismo for breakfast is the "Old West Cinnamon Buns" my daughter and I had seen reviews etc about this place before our trip so it was on our try list. We did and it was every bit as good as the prior reviews mentioned. Unfortunately for me, we went there three different days...I only had one bite on the first trip s I am on a diet and did not feel I could splurge yet :(

Another place to go especially during the summer and great place for children of all ages is "Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab" we went to the one in Arroyo Grande (neat little town by the way) anyway we went on Wednesday this is the night they do the little skit and the kids in the room all really enjoyed it. anyway we all LOVED our ice cream choices so much we each got a second scoop, grand daughter(10) actually had 3 scoops each vista we went back on Thursday!

All in all it was a great vacation!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Millie A
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel was amazing, the family suite was worth it for everyone to have a bed. The pool and games for the kids great family place. The wife does not want to stay anywhere else when we come to Pismo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DALE2103
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your review Dale. We are happy to hear that we are your wife's go to choice when you are in Pismo Beach. We hope to see you soon!