“Very nice lunch”

Chipwrecked
Ranked #35 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I picked this place because they make their own flavored chips ; several offerings a day. We were traveling with another couple that really love chips. They large portions were crunchy, not greasy, and nicely flavored. The sandwiches and salads were delicious and generous also. This is a nice place to stop for lunch on the way to Paso Robles from LA.

1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just had a wonderful lunch at Chipwrecked in Pismo Beach. The home made potato chips were some of the best we have ever tasted. We ordered a turkey sandwich and everything from the bread to the turkey to the condiments was fresh and delicious. The staff was so friendly and attentive. Many people came in for take out orders also. We will definitely stop by next time we are anywhere near Pismo.

2  Thank Fran33045
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We tracked this little place down based on the reviews here. We had just gotten in to town and were looking for something quick and tasty.
I ordered the chips sampler, which gives you three chip flavors to try. It was hardly a sampler! The portions were HUGE. The parmesan,lemon and basil were my favorite savory ones and the the chocolate/bacon flavor was amazing with the cheesecake dip. Wow. It worked and was really good.
The people working in there were very helpful and friendly.

My husband ordered the tri-tip sandwich and he said it was okay, but nothing special. He liked the chips better too.

Overall, I'd say this place is definitely somewhere to stop and try before you leave Pismo. You won't be disappointed.

Only negative was the prices. Seemed a bit high, but always is when you're in a beach town near the pier.

1  Thank Bruin97
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a very casual place, but the food is gourmet level, which makes sense since they are combining chips with things like goat cheese or herbs.

My kids and I stopped here for a quick meal on a road trip up the coast. It is perfectly located just a block and a half up from the beach and the pier, so it would be a great post-beach stop for either lunch or a snack. We arrived right at dinner time on a weekend, and expected a big wait, but no. I think this must be an undiscovered gem. We tried the tri-tip sandwich, the BLT sandwich and the "Mary Rose" chips, with lavender, goat cheese and honey. They were so good, we're already thinking about going back for some more when we head back down the coast at the end of our trip. Added bonus: They have a display case full of Mexican soda -- made with real sugar!

1  Thank toniLA
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was looking for something I could bring to the beautiful beach and stumpled upon this little place. Very friendly service, and unique in its sort; all build around their delicious chips. (that's US chips, it's what in the UK is called 'crisps'. )
I had a sandwich that was packed with flavor and their chips on the side were a great crunchy addition to the meal. Loved every bite of it!

1  Thank FerryV