“Prime candidate for Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares”
Review of Pezzulo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The disastrous combination of an overbearing hostess and quantity of food over quality. I've never seen so much cheese on a plate, apparently there were some rigatoni and spinach in there somewhere (but I can't be certain). The decor was endearingly kitch but sadly not in an ironic way. I thought lit-up green plastic trees were reserved for Christmas... The wine list for this fine Italian consisted of two white, one red, oh and the one we wanted was not available. Perhaps we just didn't get it, there seemed to be several local parties enjoying themselves (all taking 3/4 of their food and homemade meatball side home in doggy bags). Or maybe the delirious cheese sweats clouded my judgement (although the $95 bill for two meals and a bottle of wine was not a mirage). Overall we would recommend steering clear.

1  Thank Banana_face_09

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed at a nearby hotel, after driving all day decided eating within walking distance was a good option and thought the offerings on the menu sounded better than where we were staying. A number of items on the menu 'weren't on the menu tonight'. Neither was champagne by the glass...they were out of that, too. The concept of when you order a meal you could choose an appetiser to go with it, and the food while not outstanding wasn't bad. I don't think the restaurant has trays as I watched the waitress on a couple of occasions (both with my soup and fishbowl of <watered down> Pinot Grigio, which they had a bottle or cask of) had the contents swish from side to side, and I am bewildered how neither didn't lose the contents of either. She spent quite a bit of the evening having an intermittent private conversation with the patrons at an adjoining table which was difficult to not listen to. Do yourself a favour and jump in the car and go into town to eat if you're staying on the outskirts of Pismo.

1  Thank Sydney_AustraliaDee
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Pezzulo's Ristorante was a disaster. From the waitress that appeared to float around on drugs, with full wine glass in hand, to never receiving our food, the "dining experience" was horrendous. From the moment we arrived, it was bad news. It was a holiday weekend, with exactly 3 people running the show--or sadly, more apropos, the 3 Ring Circus! There was a chef (I presume, although we never did see our meal), and a busboy who was clearly intimidated by the Ringmaster, I mean, waitress, who ran around in circles trying to appease the angry customers. I could go on and on, but truly, save your money and time. Take your dining experience down the road a bit to Rosa's Ristorante in Pismo Beach. Oh, yes, perhaps my keen observation was right on about the drugs, as a wine tour guide that we met the following day, said that the ristorante had a reputation for dealing drugs there! By the way, we were so disgusted after being insulted by the waitress for asking for our food after 90 minutes that we walked out. This place should be shut down or investigated! Beware--any place is a better "dining experience" than here!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had the veal saltimbocca and my wife had the sand dabs - both meals were wonderfully prepared. The saltimbocca had a good balance of prosciutto and mozzarella. The sand dabs were fresh and prepared to perfection finished with a broil. the potato croquette is an amazing side with home made bread crumb coating ... a great meal and good service. get to this spot before it sells.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

They feature Sand Dabs...cooked to perfection. The Sand Dabs are light and served with sauted with veggies. I'm not a fish lover - these don't taste like fish.