“Coffee, Wi-Fi, T-shirts, and more!”
Review of The Central Roast

The Central Roast
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were traveling down the coast and stopped to grab a cup of coffee and pull up an area map on our iPad. This local coffee house was delightful! Coffee was delicious with very fresh, oily roasted beans. Complimentary Wi-Fi was advertised on a dry erase board with the password. One didn't have to ask or look for a password on a receipt. The Central Roast has a cool, relaxed vibe. My husband even bought a t-shirt, which was reasonably priced at $15.00 (100% pre-shrunk quality cotton!). Perfect place to drop in or stay for a while.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

It's always nice to find a local place with better coffee than Starbucks. Good service, convenient location for Hwy 101 travelers.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Central Roast has a variety of coffees - espresso, "red eye" and all kinds of Lattes, Americanos, etc. They serve food also but I have not eaten there. The ambiance is low key and funky. Comfortable couches welcome you inside. There are outside tables as well. The service is friendly. I always get my coffee here when I am in Pismo.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Love this family run coffee shop. The breakfast sandwiches are divine and the coffee drinks made with care.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were staying at a local hotel and being early birds, needed coffee at 6 am. Drove down Price Street in Pismo Beach and came across a small coffee shop called’ The Central Roast’. Very cute on the outside so I went it to get us a cup of Joe. Very nice man took my order of a Red Eye and a regular coffee. Saw these beautiful pastries in a glass covered tray and ordered a cranberry scone to go too. I asked him if they make the scones there and he said yes. The coffee is self serve (except the specialty drinks) and was nice and hot. Took my scone and coffees back to the car and we tasted the coffee and the scone. OMG! It was the best scone we had ever had…I have even lived in England and never had a scone that delicious! The coffee was really good too. The price for the coffee and scone was reasonable and much cheaper than Starbucks. Later in the day on our way home, we stopped there again to pick up some scones to take home. Unfortunately, they were sold out but the same man that waited on us earlier said he would be happy to make some if we call ahead, he can make any flavor scone we wanted! We will definitely be coming back here for more coffee and the awesome scones!!