“Another stop on every SLO trip”

F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
Ranked #14 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shell Beach Road
Transit: Bus stop in front of restaurant.
Description: F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House offers the best authentic ranch style cooking and atmosphere teamed up with high spirited service and genuine western hospitality.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We love this place, and always leave raving about how delicious the food and drinks were! Everything we have eaten has been excellent, and there is always a ton of food to take to go. The gift shop is a great tool to keep kids occupied if there is a wait, and all of the stuffed animals in the restaurant keep them entertained during dinner. We could not say any more great things about F McLintocks - just go! Eat! Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

we went here tonight with a family of four.
the food was great and the service also.
de steak and the ribs were fabolous.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Been going here for years.... love it, never been anything but spectacular. What else can you tell? Hard to get a bad meal in rhis area...

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great family stop and we all enjoyed our meals. The service folk were fun and they went out of their way to modify a meal for a picky child eater (with a great end result). It's not the cheapest place but we all enjoyed our meal.

Fun atmosphere and fun decor. While I was hoping to have a waiter do the blindfolded water pour I've heard about on my kids heads there was not someone there that night that could do it. We did, however, have one waiter (not even our waiter) pour water into our glasses from 2 - 3 ft. above the table. Not the same but kind of impressive as not a drop spilled.

We'd definitely go again..

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 430 on a Tuesday and were promptly seated. I used to come here when I was a kid in the 80s. Now that I am older I figured I would bring the family here, as the kids always complain when I take them to Jockos. I figured they have a child's menu here so maybe they would like it more. While I did not see anyone pouring water from way up high like I remember when I was a kid, it still has the same ambiance I enjoyed as a kid. Animals and brands on the walls. The prices are always steep on the coast and this was no different.

While the onion rings , beans, and salsa are still good, I felt the $38 price tag for a ribeye was a bit much. I know Its unfair to compare every steak to the 'competition' down the road, but to me it just doesn't compare. My wife felt the same with her bacon wrapped fillet. Good, but not as good as.... My daughter had the scampi ($26-30)and enjoyed it and the young one had the chicken strips ($9) and ate them all. That's more than they could do at the other place. (no kid menu). The view and location can't be beat and that, I feel, must be why the higher pricing. Overall a good steak house with the original atmosphere I remember, but I guess I've grown up to the level of a steak snob. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stop thinking about another (better in all aspects except atmosphere and children's menu) steakhouse that makes this look like a severely overpriced black angus. Oh well, at least the kids were happy.

Go here if you need that $$$ steak fix and can't lose the kiddos.
..or..
Go south to the other place and get exactly what your paying for. The best steak around.