“Expected better quality food for the price paid.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of F McLintocks Saloon & Dining

F McLintocks Saloon & Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
F McLintocks Saloon & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 103 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shell Beach Road
Transit: Bus stop in front of restaurant.
Description: F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House offers the best authentic ranch style cooking and atmosphere teamed up with high spirited service and genuine western hospitality.
Redwood City, California
“Expected better quality food for the price paid.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

To sum it up, I expected better quality food for the prices they charge. We got into Pismo late on a Friday night (close to 9pm), my dad had recommended this place, and my son wanted steak or ribs for dinner. It looked cute enough from the freeway, but after we got seated and I saw the prices, I was starting to wish we checked around for other places. $32 for a half rack of baby back ribs which ended up having little meat and full of fat. The ribs didn't look like baby back ribs, so I'm even wondering if they brought the right kind. My husband ordered the fish special, which he thought was supposed to be a seared ahi, but it turned out to be an albacore tuna that was over cooked. At least when he mentioned to the waitress that the fish wasn't what he expected, they comped it off the bill. They bring a basket of onion rings to start you off, which was good. The garlic bread that comes with the meal was hardly garlicky, it was very dry and the bread reminded me of hot dog bun kind of bread. But the skillet potatoes were awesome, and my husband liked the beans. You get a lot of carbs with the meal - onion rings, bread, potatoes - a little too much for me. My son enjoyed the pork ribs from the kid's menu. You also get a scoop of ice cream for dessert - your choice of 3 flavors. Our waitress wasn't the most attentive, and we sat around so long to get our bill, we had to summon someone to get our waitress so we could get our bill and get to the hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarciaMarciaMarcia2

Bakersfield, Vermont
“Terrible service and food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The nicest thing I can say about McClintock's is their ice tea, onion rings, and sherbet were good. The chicken I ordered with vegetables were not so good. The chicken had no taste and the vegetables were under cooked. My companion had pasta with no chicken. It was bland and she ate only a few bites. The bread also was bland and had no taste. My companion and I got up to go to the restroom, my jacket was on my chair and I had asked for a refill on my tea. The waitress, Jessica, came up to me and asked if we were leaving. I told her know, that we were using the restroom. She asked for my cell phone to hold until we returned. I was highly insulted by her and I was embarrassed. She did this in front of customers and staff. Upon our return to our table, she finally brought my phone back and asked if I wanted the Sherbet. I got my sherbet, my refill, and my bill. The bill came to $56.16. If I had the correct change, I would of left the correct amount, no tip included. I ended up leaving $60. I hope she got the message regarding her manners and service. I will never patronize this restaurant when visiting the beach area, I will go to Grover Beach to Juan's Mexican food. The food there was awesome and the service was fantastic. Plus, it was half of what I spent at McClintock's. I was also highly satisfied.

2 Thank Margie K
San Diego, California
“Another stop on every SLO trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We love this place, and always leave raving about how delicious the food and drinks were! Everything we have eaten has been excellent, and there is always a ton of food to take to go. The gift shop is a great tool to keep kids occupied if there is a wait, and all of the stuffed animals in the restaurant keep them entertained during dinner. We could not say any more great things about F McLintocks - just go! Eat! Enjoy!

Visited July 2014
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“great food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

we went here tonight with a family of four.
the food was great and the service also.
de steak and the ribs were fabolous.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“One of the best steak houses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Been going here for years.... love it, never been anything but spectacular. What else can you tell? Hard to get a bad meal in rhis area...