“Another Wonderful Stay in Pismo at the Sea Gypsy”
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Santa Cruz, California
“Another Wonderful Stay in Pismo at the Sea Gypsy”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just back from a weeks stay at the Sea Gypsy in Pismo Beach. This time I took my daughter and my two grandkids ages 3 and 11. This was my 5th time staying there but the first time with the grandkids. Everyone enjoyed their stay as much as I always do. Mu daughter can't wait to go back again. The staff are so nice and accommodating, you really feel welcome and comfortable using all the facilities. The grandkids loved the pool and even made friends with other children staying there. I take my dog with me whenever possible and I have to say that the staff at the Sea Gypsy are the most "pet friendly" I have ever encountered. Some places say that they are "pet friendly" but really they are only just "pet tolereant" for a price if your pet happens to fit into thier size/weight catagories. This motel is right on the beach and easy access to the downtown area without being too close so you can still feel like you have your own beach. It is walking distance to some really good places to eat. I usually get a studio or suite with a kitchen because I enjoy cooking and it worked out very well with the grandkids. The kitchens are very well appointed.

Room Tip: I always stay on the side with the ocean view and if you are taking your family, get a suite. They...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KathyH_222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The best thing about this place is without a doubt the location. Easy walk to the beach, which is as dog friendly as the motel itself. It's nice there's a pool and hot tub there but it's inundated with kids. Because the place was pretty booked so we had to get one of the rooms facing away from the beach--so it faced the pool instead. And that was unfortunate because you get all the noise of the screaming kids at the pool for most of the day. The hot tub, when the bubbles weren't running, revealed dirty water that was pretty disgusting. Needless to say we didn't use it though we had wanted to. The room was clean and well-kept, much better than we expected. The walls are indeed quite thin--you can hear people talking and the neighbor's shower is even louder!

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the pool if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zooee
Reviewed 13 March 2012

this is one of the best kept secrets on the central coast....the low cost of this hotel is amazing. once I discovered Sea Gypsy, I go to the coast often, as it is so, so affordable. I always take the single king room, $89.00...the beach is right out your door step...I take a my chair out a few steps and have a perfect ocean view...they also have full ocean view suites as well. you will not be disappointed...the price is so great.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the bottom floor, it is a quick walk out to view the ocean
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pam A
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Although it's been a long time since we stayed here, we have wonderful memories of time spent here with family and friends. One time it was a business meeting with friends. Other times it was special family time. How wonderful to see the ocean and hear the constant roar of the waves from your living room. This is not new. It's not modern. It's not fancy. But the charm is its location right on the beach. Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat!(It was much earlier than 2011 when we stayed here.)

Room Tip: If you have a ground floor, you can walk right out onto the beach. If you have an upper floor, you c...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank king238
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If your head'n for the central coast then Pismo Beach as a must! The Sea Gypsy Motel offers all types of rooms and we love the ocean front studios! Exellent layout for the rooms and the pool and hot tub are always fun. Lots of parking and the staff is great. We'll be back! Thanks, Ken.

Room Tip: Reserve an ocean front room as soon as you know your dates.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I discovered this place YEARS AND YEARS ago, by accident in the little travel flyer/booklet you pick up outside of Denny's. At the time, they advertised a really really inexpensive rate per night, with a pool, spa, oceanside. I love Pismo, so made a reservation. After seeing the Oceanview side of the motel, I asked if I could upgrade to THOSE rooms. My luck was with me and they had a room for me for a couple of days (upgrade in cost....but soooooooo worth it). The Oceanview rooms have a patio ON THE BEACH, almost literally. I was high enough I could leave my patio door open and hear the waves on the beach below. Needless to say whenever I go anywhere near Pismo to spend some time, I reserve a room there. I find it very hard to leave the room. The room I stay in has a murphy bed, which I have never found to be anything but wonderful. The best part of the murphy bed, is you get up, fold it back into the wall & have the whole room to enjoy. A little kitchenette with coffee maker, fridge, oven/range, microwave, toaster, dishes, silverware, wine opener, and most anything you could possibly need. This means a quick trip thru Trader Joes's just outside of town, and you can glue yourself tot the patio, watch the surfers, the waves, the kites, the runners and whatever. I always have a book which usually ends up in my lap while I zone. Needless to say, sunrise (even tho behind) is beautiful and the sunsets (if the fog doesn't roll in) are better than spectacular. The staff is almost like a family, very friendly and helpful.
.It's a popular spot, so it never hurts to reserve well in advance. But don't go to San Luis Obispo, Pismo, etc without spending one night there. YOU WILL BE HOOKED...PLEASANTLY HOOKED.

Room Tip: Whenever possible an Oceanview is the BEST CHOICE.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ijustknow29
South Pasadena, California
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The studio was cute and clean. However the walls were very thin. The murphy bed could use a new mattress and the pillows were very uncomfortable. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night's sleep. Don't think we'll be coming back :-(

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family