“The lady Debbie at the counter bent over backwards for us made us feel special.”
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We asked to check in early because we were staying in another place the lady Debbie at the counter was wonderful she's a great person. I understand why they hired here they very smart to do that. She helps there business. The stay was wonderful as were the rooms I will definitely be going back. The views were amazing!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bythelightofthemoon

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Have stayed here before. The unit was clean and the view was great. The kitchen was well stocked and very clean. The entire staff was the "Best of the Best". Very helpful with local information. Found a great breakfast place. Tio Albertos, on Price street. The breakfast Burrito was fantastic, took them back to the room and had breakfast to the sound of the Pacific.

Room Tip: Ocean front have the best views of the ocean. Can really hear the sounds of the surf at night. Ther...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Phillip B
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Best bang for the buck ! On the beach!! And within 5 min walking distance from all the adventures of downtown pismo beach ! Will repeat ! Staff was flexible to an extreamly late check in and an extended stay for a late check out !

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank ADLnKLL
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed here for Presidents' Day weekend. My wife's family stays here ever Presidents' Day weekend. I have had the pleasure of staying here twice. Checked in early in Friday and the room was ready. We were in rooms 204 & 206, this was an ocean front room with the second bedroom in the back.

The room was clean the view was amazing, oh yea and the price is right. The rooms are always cleaned as soon as we left in the morning. The beach access cannot be beat either. There is nothing fancy about the rooms but they are clean and comfortable. The staff was nice, we really did not interacted with the staff that much. Lots of families staying at the hotel. Kids running around and what not.

I am sure we will be back next year!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ledieff
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Every year I go to Pismao Beach for Thanksgiving. I look forward to having a nice, peaceful stay there. Pismo Beach to me is like stepping back in time. The last three years I have stayed at the Sea Gypsy Motel. The people there are really nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and they are always doing upkeep and making improvements. I love to stay in the studios with a full kitchen and ocean view and a view of the peir. They have cable TV, and internet is available without an extra charge. There is a pool and hot tub too. It is walking distance from downtown where you can find some nice shops and plenty of good places to eat. They not only allow dogs but are pet friendly. Some places merely tolerate dogs (of a certain size) at a price but I feel like the Sea Gypsy accomadates them. They will provide extra pet blankets. Even though they are usually packed with people, you don't hear a lot of noise from the other guests/rooms. As I reluctantly check out I make my reservations for the next year.

Room Tip: I would always get a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KathyH_222
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First time I have stayed at this motel. I chose this motel because it is pet friendly. Rooms was spacious and clean with an ocean view and balcony. Access to the rooms is a bit tricky, expecially for seniors or handicapped. No elevator and stairs are a bit steep. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No restaurants or fitness center on premises.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dkarr99
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!

We have stayed at so many hotels and have never experienced what we experienced at Sea Gypsy. There is a girl with glasses at the reception and the way she behaves is as if she is the manager or maybe she thinks she is God herself. The check out time is at 12 noon. We had one infant and another with special needs. And the baby was getting cranky at 11.30ish, so we called to see if we could get like 10-15 minutes more to check out. And that crazy woman refused point blank. It was a weekday non peak season and there was no one waiting emergency for the room, we were bloody paying close to 200 a night for 2 nights and still she treated us like that. And we were loading our car and she calls at 5 minutes to 12 to see if we have left the room. Oh My Gosh, what a terrible service. I can not imagine anyone would do that. We went to the hotel to complain and that stupid lady walked off from us and refused to even listen to us or talk to us and management did nothing. Is this how they plan to get repeat guests. We were not the only family, another family with kids, same treatment. That other guest even joked that better check out fast else we may be escorted out.

I have decided we will never never ever recommend or ever go to that hotel again. That experience toally marred any postitive thing that was out there. There are lot more places with the same type of facilities and I am sure with more manners than Sea Gypsy people.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family