“Ocean access great but no privacy”
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
CA
“Ocean access great but no privacy”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our family of 3 stayed here one night with an ocean front room on the first floor right next to the ocean access walk way from the hotel to the beach. My 6 year old son loved being able to get to the sand and walk to the pier and fish. My husband did not enjoy the 1 st floor room right next to the beach access as lots of people walked right by our balcony and could see directly into our room. I was ok cause it was only one night and I could walk with my son to the pier to fish. My son and I enjoyed watching all the dogs parade by our balcony. Also the room had worn out carpet and and an old kitchen it appeard clean but seemed worn out in need of updating. I would not recommend staying in the hotel for a relaxing romantic getaway it is fine for families if you'd like other families and dogs!

Michelle

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Auntie46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I love the Sea Gypsy because it is right on the sand and the balconies have an unequalled view, but it is an older aesthetic, it doesn’t have air conditioning (which is missed in the summer) and the sofa pullout wasn’t the most comfortable bed out there.

It was clean, had a nice kitchen and free wifi. They do allow pets, which meant that we had a barking dog noise occasionally.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam R
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We asked to check in early because we were staying in another place the lady Debbie at the counter was wonderful she's a great person. I understand why they hired here they very smart to do that. She helps there business. The stay was wonderful as were the rooms I will definitely be going back. The views were amazing!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bythelightofthemoon
Maumelle, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Have stayed here before. The unit was clean and the view was great. The kitchen was well stocked and very clean. The entire staff was the "Best of the Best". Very helpful with local information. Found a great breakfast place. Tio Albertos, on Price street. The breakfast Burrito was fantastic, took them back to the room and had breakfast to the sound of the Pacific.

Room Tip: Ocean front have the best views of the ocean. Can really hear the sounds of the surf at night. Ther...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Phillip B
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Best bang for the buck ! On the beach!! And within 5 min walking distance from all the adventures of downtown pismo beach ! Will repeat ! Staff was flexible to an extreamly late check in and an extended stay for a late check out !

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank ADLnKLL
Fresno, California
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Presidents' Day weekend. My wife's family stays here ever Presidents' Day weekend. I have had the pleasure of staying here twice. Checked in early in Friday and the room was ready. We were in rooms 204 & 206, this was an ocean front room with the second bedroom in the back.

The room was clean the view was amazing, oh yea and the price is right. The rooms are always cleaned as soon as we left in the morning. The beach access cannot be beat either. There is nothing fancy about the rooms but they are clean and comfortable. The staff was nice, we really did not interacted with the staff that much. Lots of families staying at the hotel. Kids running around and what not.

I am sure we will be back next year!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ledieff
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Every year I go to Pismao Beach for Thanksgiving. I look forward to having a nice, peaceful stay there. Pismo Beach to me is like stepping back in time. The last three years I have stayed at the Sea Gypsy Motel. The people there are really nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and they are always doing upkeep and making improvements. I love to stay in the studios with a full kitchen and ocean view and a view of the peir. They have cable TV, and internet is available without an extra charge. There is a pool and hot tub too. It is walking distance from downtown where you can find some nice shops and plenty of good places to eat. They not only allow dogs but are pet friendly. Some places merely tolerate dogs (of a certain size) at a price but I feel like the Sea Gypsy accomadates them. They will provide extra pet blankets. Even though they are usually packed with people, you don't hear a lot of noise from the other guests/rooms. As I reluctantly check out I make my reservations for the next year.

Room Tip: I would always get a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo