“Delicious!”

Ranked #11 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rosa's Italian Restaurant in Pismo Beach, CA culminates 50 years of restaurant experience in regional Italian cuisine to create a family operated dining destination by the sea. The combination of Chef Doug MacMillan's Northern Italian cuisine apprenticeship with the Southern Italian family recipes he learned from his mother, Rosa, produces multiple award winning entrees with the freshest and finest quality ingredients. Classic and specialty Italian dishes such as Tortellini Con Quattro Formagio, Veal Piccata, and Pasta California will excite your taste buds and keep you returning time and time again. Our history begins with Rosa, whose journey to the Central Valley of California started in Avellino, Italy, located between Naples and the Mediterranean Sea. After moving to America and marrying Bill MacMillan, the two opened up their first restaurant in 1966. In 1988 when they moved the restaurant to Pismo Beach is when their son, Chef Doug, took over the kitchen. We are customer service oriented, and each of our dishes are made with the same care as if you were in our kitchen at home. In addition to a full menu for dine in a takeout, we offer a full bar with cocktails, beer, and an extensive wine list available to order by the glass and bottle. Our Happy Hour is Sunday through Thursday nights from 4PM - 6PM where we offer $2 off wells, cocktails, and drafts. Our professional staff is ready to welcome you. Come join us for fine Italian dining in a relaxed atmosphere and let us show you the tastes of Italy.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had our order delivered by caferunner.com and it was perfect. Not only did the restaurant remember all the little extras but the food was still hot when we got it. We love the lasagna and pasta's that they offer. As a local it's a must! And in the summer or holiday season it gets very busy, so do the caferunner!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you're looking for authentic Italian food in Pismo, this is the place to go. The patio is the perfect place to sit, especially during the summer months. The service was amazing. It's a great place for couples as well as families.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We've gone a few times and the first few were very good. The last time the pasta was overcooked and the sauce poorly seasoned. There are different areas of the restaurant and some better than others. Try not to get seated near the front as it's noisy and people walking through all the time. Staff was great each time except the last, when the service was slow and the waitress rarely came to the table.

DON'T bring birthday cakes or anything else from outside. Daughter met coworkers for a birthday celebration and she brought cupcakes instead of cake. Was told that the staff had to serve them and then was charged $2 PER CUPCAKE when they did.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

After some years I stayed again in Pismo Beach. I remembered the Italian restaurant just 5 minutes by car away from my hotel. As usual if I remember after years a restaurant it was terrible bad or really good. Without a reservation I dropped in and got a table. The waiter ( I think Taylor was his name) recited 5 specials of the days with a lot of details and I choose the backed salmon with ratatouille and pasta with a whitewine sauce. This was really excellent. As starter I ordered a kind of insalata caprese, at least Europeans would say so. On the menue it was differently discribed. Only difference was that the tomatos were not sliced but were diced and in Europe Aceto balsamico would be used as well. However it was good and tasty. The creme brulee was just a good end of the food. Not forgetting the Espresso as finishing of a good a italien meal.
I would love to see more of such restaurants on my travels in USA. I don't mind a good steak but I love Italien food, even I can have it more often as other persons, I just have a 4 hours drive to Italy from were I live.

1  Thank drgj
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was a not very good Italian Restaurant. Noisy, but with some ambiance, the food was not well prepared, nor were the portions large. The pasta was soft, obviously overcooked, as were the vegetables, while my wife's chicken was undercooked. The two dishes we ordered chicken piccatta and parmesan were rather bland, with no "kick". The tomato sauce was commendable; not salty but with some flavor.