Beach House Inn and Suites
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$767
US$313
Groupon.com
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$156
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$150
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$190
SeaVenture Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$218
US$212
Travelocity
All reviewsparking garagethird floorrestaurants and shopsvisit pismowould definitely stay here againgreat viewkitchenetteoceansinkanniversarysunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was wary of staying at the Beach House Inn because of their underwhelming website, which seems to feature the ugly bedspread and not the stunning views. However, I am happy to report that the website doesn't do the place justice. It is literally steps from the beach and Pismo Pier, a block away from restaurants and wine bars, and features balconies with incredible views of the coastline. It also features free, secure indoor parking (a nice plus)!

I stayed on the 3rd (and top) floor, with a lovely balcony that had a several chairs and a small table, which was perfect for cracking open a bottle of wine and watching the sunset. Although the kitchenette was stocked with wine glasses and silverware, there was no wine opener. Fortunately, I brought my own!

The spacious room was comfortable, modern and clean. I would have preferred a newer tv, especially since there was no wifi available, but honestly, I just kept staring at that gorgeous view. Oh, and there's a gas fireplace to keep you warm when the cool night air is blowing in off the balcony. The room-darkening curtains allowed me to sleep in, which is wonderful on a vacation. The bathroom was large and had nice water pressure in the shower.

There were a few odd details which reminded me that I wasn't at a full service chain hotel. Someone went crazy with the label-maker, because everything in the room had instructions, from the shower faucet, to the fireplace, to the front door latch! I found it amusing, actually.

I would give this place one more star if it had wifi, a flat-screen tv, and a nicer bedspread. It's a little pricey for not having these amenities. But would I stay there again? In a heartbeat...

Room Tip: I'd request a top floor room, if available. They have the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
14clams, Manager at Beach House Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your review after your stay at Beach House Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments and welcome ideas to improve every experience. Our staff works diligently to make every stay a memorable one. We apologize for the inconvenience of the Wi-Fi due to an outage beyond our control and although the labels may seem trivial it's a must for our travelers coming from abroad. Our new website should be up and running soon. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Clean rooms, comfy beds, nice balconies, and beautiful beach views. This beach front property is a wonderful place to stay. It also has a private parking garage that is locked in the evening, as well as the door to get in and out of the property. After hours you need to use your room key to get in. It is located directly behind Splash Cafe, and is within walking distance to everything, and a stones throw from the beach (almost, anyway). I also quite like that it is independently owned & the owner is friendly. This is my hotel of choice everytime I visit Pismo Beach. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Holly O
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The Beach House Inn is our favorite weekend getaway place in beautiful Pismo Beach. The accommodations are modern, clean and inviting. We stay in a master suite on the third floor that includes one bedroom, a living area (with a sofa bed), a kitchenette with refrigerator and a huge bathroom. But the cherry on the top is the view of the ocean, which is only yards away. We love it. Another plus is private, secure parking under the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Pismo Beach is lovely, quaint little seaside village - perfect for a halfway stop on the way from LA to San Francisco along the Californian coast or a relaxing holiday destination!
We were lucky enough to come across the Beach House Inn and Suites when we arrived. Very friendly and helpful reception staff, definitely a non-smoking hotel (which suited us).
The room came with kitchen facilities and clean, spacious, and had the most comfortable beds we have ever found - "Like sleeping on clouds". Great location overlooking the beach, with an easy walk to town. Just a warning - no dinner after 830pm and no breakfast after 10am in the whole town!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank OzSallee
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Great .location just half a block from the pier and beach. Most of the town's restaurants are within a block or two. Greatest collection of free DVDs I have ever seen. Under hotel parking is great since parking in Pismo Beach is always a problem. Now the not so good. Second floor units have very limited view of the ocean, third floor somewhat better. Unit 203 had a nice patio with a table but the other second floor units appeared to have very small patios with no tables. Don't know about third floor units. Kitchen was furnished with what appeared to be random selections from Goodwill. No oven (OK), no dishwasher (not so OK), and no garbage disposer (not OK). Might stay there again, just don't know.

Room Tip: Unit 203 or third floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple