“Location, elegance and friendliness at a reasonable price sum up this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach House Inn and Suites

Beach House Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
San Francisco
“Location, elegance and friendliness at a reasonable price sum up this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

My in-laws, husband and I met there for my husband's birthday. The 3 people we met from the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I needed to print something for a class and they had no problem letting me use their printer. Each room also had WORKING internet which was a big help studying for my class. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well laid out with a view of the ocean from each room. They were helpful finding good places to eat and with all of our eclectic tastes, that's a challenge. Their underground garage made for easy parking and the elevator made it easy to get luggage to the rooms. It didn't hurt that the beach is a few hundred yards away either. :-)

Would we stay there again? Oh yes, for Christmas we're meeting my in-laws there again and my parents are flying out from Virginia to join us. We're going to make this an annual Christmas vacation spot.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Discovery Bay, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

We found this gem of a hotel 3 months ago. We dropped in for a one-night stay and loved it. This time we decided to stay for 3 nights. The view of the ocean is great. We watched and listed to the surf from our lanai. Had a wonderful view of the setting sun too. The hotel is new, very clean and is comfortably appointed. The management was most helpful in finding places to tour, restaurants to enjoy and generally were just very helpful and friendly. They even delivered us a fruit basked with muffins one evening. We have recommended the Beach House Inn to our friends and relatives. We will be back 3 times next year just to sit and enjoy the sounds of the ocean as we drift off to sleep.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Last week we wanted to getaway from L A for a few days and drove up to Pismo Beach, Ca., on the Central Coast. We discovered the Beach House Inn and what a joy. The rooms were upscale (granite counter tops, refrigerators, fire place, and nicely decorated), very clean and modern. The hotel was not old as a lot of the small beach towns motels are. The manager was very helpful. The motel did not have a restaurant but there several places to eat within a block. We really enjoyed the balcony which overlooked some roofs to the beach and pier and along the coast line. Great Views!! Great place to stay!!
Bill & Carmina, Los Angeles

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

I was driving to LA and decided to pull off late at Pismo Beach, after being quoted some absurd rates and driving downtown Pismo I almost gave up.
I tried this place as a last resort and WOW what a treat. Not only was my room huge yet cozy,I fell asleep listening to the ocean. When I woke up I couldn't believe the view I had and when I stepped outside I was right in the middle of all the great cafes and restaurants, meanwhile 50 feet from the beach. It is secure has fireplaces and decks overlooking sea..What a gem! I will return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Doughman1
riverside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

Given, most of the people leaving these reviews either love it so much they need to express themselves, or the complete opposite. Luckily for those looking for a quality review of the Beach House Inn, Im right in the middle.
The Inn itself is a prety amazing establishment. THE MOST prime location for those looking to explore the beach, pier, and downtown. For those looking to party a little more, stay in downtown San Luis Obispo; though thats not the beach. Pismo only has two late night establishments; one of which, Hot shots pool hall on Pomeroy, is very cool (old theater converted to a pool hall).
The Beach House Inn is quiet, clean, comfortable, and best of all relaxing and convenient. I really liked the garage which is secure and accessible. Very nice views of the ocean. I really wanted to have a fireplace in the room, as advertised, specified this when making the reservation, and was told that they would try to set that up for me even though the fireplaces weren't in service due to the time of year. That was funny to me, because my girlfriend and I were bundled up and cold the entire time we were there, but it was too hot for them to use the electric fireplaces, AKA heaters. But that didn't bother me at all because the room was otherwise very very nice.
So was it worth the high price???? Though we had fun for the one night we were there, it's hard to say if it was worth it, becasue it really is quite pricey. For the price of the room, I was expecting friendlier staff. There was only one woman we came into contact with the night we were there, and she was accomadating, yet had quite the rough personality. Being a salesperson, there really isn't anyone I can't get along wth or make a friend with, but she seemed to make the effort when it came to us checking out. We were called in our room FOUR TIMES to see how long it would be before we would check out. Apparently she just didn't remember the verbal agreement we had made at check-in, about giving us a little extra time the next morning to check out. $279 for a 16 hour stay??? Hard to find the value, but it was there.....maybe. We will be back? Depends on how long I can go without eating.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

We arrived from Oregon in search of a location near the beach. We had met up with a friend from the area who recommended the Beach House Inn. We registered and were quoted 139.00 for the night. We were told that our vehicle "might fit" into the parking structure and when we drove into the driveway management came out and started ranting because our friend who had recommended the Inn to us was inside our vehicle. Management assumed we were sneaking her in and told us we would not be allowed to stay. She quickly refunded our money all the while accusing us of not being truthful about the number of people we had in our party....Unbelievable! We happily left and found accomadations elsewhere.
Once we read the reviews on this web site we were happy that it turned out the way it did. The Beach House Inn needs to fire this woman and get some one new who wants to make their guests happy.
We are unable to have a desription for the hotel because we never were able to get to our room.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tracy, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2009

This place was magnificent. I felt that it had all that an inn on the ocean can offer. It is in the heart of downtown and directly overlooking the ocean. All of the rooms are ocean view. I mean how wonderful is that? It is a secure location which I felt was a good thing as it makes me feel better when I know all of my valuables are safe. The best part of it all was that I originally had an earlier reservation but had to change it and they were more than willing to move it back to the date I requested. I would recommend this place to any travelers going to Pismo Beach.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — no in room dining
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple