“Fish Tacos and Chowder are great!”
Review of Splash Cafe

Splash Cafe
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Passed through here during annual training for the Army Reserves at the beach seen a line around the building and we stopped in. The food was great and cheap too! We ate here both nights before we returned to base. The chowder in the bread bowl was awesome and the tacos are what turned me on to fish tacos. This was the first place I've ever ate them and haven't found one as good since! If you got the time to wait in line you'll find out why it's so long as soon as the food hits your taste buds! Boom! Delicious!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife got clam chowder in a bread bowl and I got a cup of clam chowder and fish and chips. The bill came to about $20. We ate an early dinner at about 4:30 on a Thurs. afternoon. The place was hopping but not overly crowded. You order at the counter, take your seat, and they bring the food to your table. Our food was brought out in short order. The clam chowder was good, but not the best. It was too thick for our tastes. The fish was just OK. Not really good, but not bad by any stretch. It was just OK. The fries were overly seasoned and I left a lot of them on the plate. So, I'd probably try some other place next time.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

When we saw the long line outside Splash Cafe, we were blown away. We decided to join the crowd and see what it was all about. We had the ahi tacos and the salmon salad. Fabulous. We returned two nights later and had salmon tacos and ahi salad. Loved it!
Super casual, friendly employees, great environment and yummy food!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Best clam chowder in a bread bowl - and fried baby clams. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We tried to get in for dinner the night before, but WOW!!!, is this place popular! Line was out the door! So we came back the next morning and walked right in.
This is a perfect, typical, funky beach town cafe ... don't miss it. If you like good food, a very casual atmosphere and a lot of local history on every wall, this is the place for you. It was definitely the place for us.
The clam chowder is perfect .. had mine in the bread bowl, which I recommend. I like that they don't throw out the cored out bread, but give it to you as an extra ... and we all can use a little more bread, can't we?
We were able to score the front window seats, so we ate and people watched. It was a good thing!