“Splash Cafe...Just Do It!”
Review of Splash Cafe

Splash Cafe
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After 3 disappointing clam chowder experiences in Pismo Beach, CA...we went here on our final day of our mid week trip (Friday morning, May 30, 2014).

I wish we'd started here. Sheesh. This place had the best clam chowder in Pismo Beach, period. We got there for breakfast around 9 am, but besides the ridiculously awesome breakfast croisssant, I wanted chowder. Call me goofy, I don't care. I had three bad chowder experiences in Pismo Beach, and I couldn't figure it out. Thank God for Splash Cafe.
I know the reviews say you have to wait, well there's a reason for that. WE got there at 9 am, at 9:15 am, the line was 20 people deep. We walked right up and ordered at 9 am. Note the time to go, ok? LOL
The breakfast croisssant was, well, scrumptious. The coffee I give an A-, which is ok cuz most coffee places I give a B to. The chowder was so rich, and creamy it was insane! I had to add some crackers so I didn't overdose on each bite (which is also ok, I might add). My wife and I shared a cup. After the first bite we just looked at each other...with that "Really?" look when you find a gem.

Long story short...just do it. Go to Splash, wait if you have to, I was thrilled with this place. And their chowder was 25% cheaper than the other places we got chowder (go figure on that one, right?).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wow - I have eaten a lot of chowder in my life but by far this was the best I have ever eaten. A must if you are in town. Plan on standing in line to get it though. We got our to go and ate it on the pier.

1  Thank SamH881
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This small but ecclectic spot is one of the reasons we keep returning to Pismo Beach. Clam buckets and bread bowls and fish and chips we dream of while on the drive there!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Spent 20 minutes waiting in line and another 15 minutes waiting to get our food to go. Naturally, we ordered the clam chowder along with an order of fish and chips. As we remembered, the chowder was thick and delicious. Unfortunately, the fish and chips were pretty horrible. The french fries were cold and soggy while the fish was bland and without flavor. I have no doubt that the fish was frozen and not fresh. Eat there but choose carefully.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great place to have an awesome bowl of clam chowder. My wife had fish & chips. Both were very good. This place is always busy so be prepared to eat with a crowd, but it is so worth it. If you want good food this is one place to be.