“An experience not to forget”
Review of Cracked Crab

Cracked Crab
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Leeds, UK
“An experience not to forget”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Having read about the Cracked Crab on Trip Advisor I ensured that our road trip from LA to San Francisco stopped off in Pismo Beach for the night. I was not to be disappointed.

After a walk along the beach, we arrived at the restaurant expecting a wait but we were warmly welcomed by professional and knowledgeable staff. The place soon filled up though so it pays to get there early.

We ordered the bucket for two and fish and chips. We chose Alaskan king crab and the bairdi alongside mussels. This was after soon great advice from the waiting staff. We had never had crab before, and definitely not dumped on our table like this, but our server was on hand to offer advice (especially the best tools for opening up the crab). I had also expected a lot of hard work for little return but the meat that we got from our crabs was amazing. My daughter, whom had 'persuaded' to join me in a bucket, was soon pulling huge chunks of the tastiest meat from the claws and I had a battle on to keep up with her!

The bucket was complemented by tasty potatoes, sausage and corn. I have to say the whole evening was an experience I will never forget, helped by warm, caring staff who couldn't have done enough for us. We were nervous first time crab-eaters as we arrived but by the end we were experts and the bucket and table of mess was testament to a most enjoyable evening. Thanks to all at the Cracked Crab for making our meal out a food experience that we will not forget. There are not many restaurants or meals that you get this level of service and quality of food tied up with such an interesting experience.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Aurora, Canada
“Really great seafood!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was a lucky discovery while we were traveling. We stopped here for lunch and it was yummy. My husband had the fish taco which was huge and I can't remember what they called it, but I had an open faced sandwich topped with crab cakes- so good!
The table beside us was having the bucket of crab which looked awesome and they assured us that it tasted amazing. My only regret- wish we were hungrier so we could have ordered the crab bucket too! If you are in Pismo Beach, check this place out.

Los Angeles, California
“Really good food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It's pricey and you need to get there early if you don't want a long wait, but the seafood is outstanding, and I'm not crazy about seafood. Very fresh and beautifully prepared. The chowders are yummy, especially with a salad and a cold beer.

Pismo Beach, California
“Go Big!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Cracked Crab is one of my favorite places to go if someone else is paying the bill. The food is delicious and the service is great, but the tab gets heavy very quickly. We ordered a 7 (SEVEN!) pound Alaskan king crab. This thing came out of the kitchen looking like a monster on a platter, but it was the best crab I've ever had. It's amazing how much meat was on this sucker. It left 5 people completely stuffed. With appetizers and drinks, the bill eclipsed $400, but what a meal!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank rneff21
Southampton, United Kingdom
“The best seafood meal of the roadtrip”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Before I started my roadtrip, I heard about these seafood places that dump the food in the middle of your table and wanted to find one on the trip, and I'm glad I found Cracked Crab. They have a Bucket for Two which is very sufficient for my boyfriend and I; we were stuffed and unfortunately couldn't eat any dessert at their place. The bucket allows for a choice of three types of seafood and the staff were very knowledgable and good at suggestions of which to go for. The seafood comes with spicy sausage, potatoes and corn on the cob which were very flavourful and good compliments to the seafood.
I would highly recommend this for anyone who likes seafood and doesn't mind getting your hands dirty. And don't wear your best shirt to this place - there is a bib but things can get messy whilst cracking crab.

1 Thank karen_tsui