“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steamers of Pismo - CLOSED

Steamers of Pismo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dolliver
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely view! The service was very good, I had the shrimp and chips which was good. Wait time was about 20 minutes from order to food delivery. I would recommend this restaurant, however, I wouldn't rave about it.

• Visited June 2014

Wenatchee, Washington
“Wonderful graduation dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Seven of us had a wonderful dinner to celebrate a college graduation. Everyone had a delicious meal. Kind staff, wonderful food with a beautiful view. We couldn't have asked for a better evening!

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Steamers of Pismo Beach...B-”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife took me to Steamers in Pismo Beach for my birthday. God love her, she's great...but Steamers wasn't.

Pros: The view...probably doesn't get better, but that's typical for any beach front restaurant in Pismo Beach, too.

Cons: The clam chowder...once again, this place had clam chowder about one step above Campbell's soup. I don't get it. I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes. The steak was...well...I've done a lot better with local grocery store (Stater Bros or Ralph's) steaks at home. I don't consider myself to be a master chef, trust me. But when you order a steak medium rare and it shows up medium well...well...but the mashed potatoes were good. I ate all of those, the steak got put in a bag.

Cocktails...the usual "Oh, you wanted a real drink for your birthday?"
"Uh, yeah, you know, since I'm walking 400 yards to my hotel next door I thought I could handle a real cocktail with more than half a shot in it. And what's up with the clam chowder?"
"What do you mean?"

Ok, then we get to dessert...Creme Brulee...that was decent.
My wife's chicken dish was great. Wish I'd ordered that.

And then the coup de gras...ready? After griping about the clam chowder, what did they bring me for my birthday present? You guessed it, a can of their clam chowder with a candle on it.

Would I go again. Nope, not even if someone else was paying. My wife apologized to me, that's how mundane dinner was here.

Oh well, the good news is that the Splash Cafe has real clam chowder. Go there instead, and get a burger. Save $60, even if you're not paying.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ScumOne
Los Angeles, California
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed next door so it was very convenient. Food and service was great and the views are the best.

• Visited May 2014
Malibu
“Great Hamburger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I ordered a carry out hamburger. It was ½ a pound of just delicious. So good I went back a second time.

Visited May 2014