“Fantastic View”
Review of Steamers of Pismo - CLOSED

Steamers of Pismo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dolliver
Desert Hot Springs, California
“Fantastic View”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Generally, a required stop for me in the San Luis Obispo area is McClintock's in Pismo Beach. For some reason we landed at the McClintock's Steamers of Pismo. The view was fantastic, the service adequate, the menu pricey, the selections ho-hum. It has been only two weeks since my dinner there and I can't remember what I had - hardly a recommendation for a $80.00 dinner for two without any alcohol. It is primarily a sea food restaurant with a limited selection of beef on the menu also. I will return to my favorite steak house - McClintock's which is across the highway from Steamers - on my next trip to the SLO area.

1 Thank KarlBaker

Norman, Oklahoma, United States
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We traveled from a far distance and wanted some good local food since. Some local folks suggested Steamers. It's more formal that a lot of the local restraunts. Linen table cloths, linen napkins, etc. They asked if we had a reservation, we said no and they still got us sitted immediately. This was on a Wednesday evening meal as well. The waitress gave us the evening specials and did not bother us until it looked like we were ready to order. I had the Ciatrro which was like a seafood soup. It was delicious. It was loaded with I think four different types of seafood with celery and onions mixed in with a some kind of broth made into it. My wife had the fish and chips which I did sample and was very good. My father-in- law had the Pismo Plated with all kind of battered seafood. it was more than what he could eat. It was a pricey place to go but they made sure you had plenty to eat. No scrimping on the food. We were way to full to try the desert so you will have to figure out that on your own. Oh, they bread they served before the meal was great. I did have a cup of clam chowder before the meal. I could have had a gallon bowl of that and would have been very happy !! Friendly staff, very proffesional. Restraunt seemed very clean.

Herts
“Overall a good experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had one night at the Seacrest in Pismo beach.....walked a few hundred yards and found the Steamers bar and grill. Ordered a bottle of white wine (oyster bay Sauvignon blanc) which was half. It's normal price of $34. Then the bowl of clam chowder each, lovely. Then the main which was Pismo seafood combo ( think that's what it was). We were going to order one each but asked our waitress if it was big enough to she,,,,she said yes......order another one if needed.
Clean loo' s too. We would do again an recommend.

“Delish!!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good was awesome and our server was very personable! Would go back for sure.... The fish and chips with the Parmesan garlic fries were to die for!

• Visited February 2014
Sunnyvale, California
“Good meal, good service, great view - overpriced”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Lovely locale with sprawling ocean views. Attentive wait staff and...a very good meal. A bit overpriced but we knew what we were in for. Will come back again!

Visited June 2014