“decent motel at a good price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Seal Inn

Blue Seal Inn
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Rome, Italy
“decent motel at a good price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

we arrived in this motel with a coupon and we paid 55€ per night for a double room. the room was decent and clean. the position is good (3 minutes walking distance from the center of the town that is really small). furnishings were not modern but we didn't spend a lot of tme in the room so , at the end, the motel was ok

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank froggy73

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Market Weighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

We were driving up the coast out of season, so could have taken our pick of places at Pismo Beach, but it was dark and late and we wanted somewhere to stop off and get some sleep so pulled into the Blue Seal. It was a friendly welcome, the room was cheap given the coastal location, and I liked the quaint blue buildings! It was walking distance into town and to the Pier. It is not exceptional, but I felt for the money we got a good safe, comfortable clean room, and I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Last night we stayed in a Red Roof Inn in Monterey for $130, there were bugs in the bathroom, carpet was dirty and the toilet wasn't bolted down and then it decided not to flush! We came go Pismo today with no reservations and decided to check the blue seal, the front desk clerk/manager? Was exceptionally nice, got us extra pillows and gave us a great rate. Room is a little dated but just fine for what we need it for, sleep and shower. Location is walking distance to everything. I would def come back to the blue seal.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank ajo628
Hollywood
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Everything was dirty, the towels had what im hoping was only ketchup on them. The blankets and pillows and sheets were stained, uncleaned, and had what appeared to be blood on them. My boyfriend and I are always checking hotels for bedbugs before we even sit on the bed, and when checking between the mattresses we found somebodies dirty socks and underwear. We slept on the other bed in the room, thinking maybe it was safer... Well, next morning, I have two bites on my arm. So I'm just going to warn, this place might have bedbugs on top of dirty linens and towels.
Gross.
& the place smells like mold.
OH! The management is biased to who they will rent to and how much they will charge you, and they are rude and scold you if you let anyone know how much you get your room for because people start calling them out. I'm white and they gave me a 3 bed room for $125, but I was talking to a black girl outside later and she told me that she had begged for the same room but the management wouldn't go lower then $250. After she confronted the manager asking why he changed the price for the person next in line he got upset and came to my room telling me not to talk about the prices of rooms to other people staying there. WTF?

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Tia B

Travellers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Visalia, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

This place was gross!! It stunk, the carpet was old and soiled, black mold around bathroom window, everything is super outdated as well as the toilet seat that was chipped all over it (crevices for germs!) I have a habit of searching hotel mattress's for bed bugs, blood looking stains on mattress, snot or puke looking gunk on walls. For being such a small hotel I would think it would be cheap and easy to keep up on this place. It was cheap, only thing liked about it, but you get what you pay for. The parking was horrible, too small of parking spots, car got dinged. Will never come back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LovesToGetaway7
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were desperately ready to get to the beach so driving around looking for a room was out of the question. After the first couple of places at 250+a nite we were ready for anything. Beds werent bad, bedding looked clean except for 2 pillowcases. Only bath towels, no hand towels or washclothes. Bathroom looks like it has been remodled reciently, tile and granite countertop. It wouldnt have been too bad but once in awhile I would get the whiff of urine. My husband said he couldnt smell it. Regardless, and knowing prices at the coast, we would stay there again. And its close enough you can walk to splash cafe and to the beach.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank onrebug
Kingsburg, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

VERY NASTY PLACE......No free coffee and what ever. Towels are stain...Box springs coming up from bed. NO AC...T.V shot no color.. Floor dirty...Smells , Better off sleeping outside.. No lighting on one side of the room..I Stayed in room 24....NEVER.NEVER NEVER again I WILL stay there......Please save your money and go somewhere else!!!!! Thanks

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple