“Hot Shower”

Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Long Beach, California
“Hot Shower”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I had been riding my motorcycle for 2 days, camped in the Sequoia and I was on my way home to Long Beach. I was so tired, cold and dirty. I drove by the hotel on my way to the Pismo Beach campgrounds and pulled in. For $45 I got a HOT SHOWER, warm bed that was so confortable and a good night sleep. It was a clean room with a microwave and refridgerator and a little wall heater next to the bed. I was able to park my bike right in front of my room which allowed me to feel it was safe. For wine and an amazing appetizer I went to Ventana Grill and for dinner and more wonderful wine I ate at Steamers of Pismo. On the way out of town the next morning I stopped by the best cinnamon roll bakery I have ever had. It was a great experience. The hotel was nothing fancy, but for the money and convenience, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank teammojo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Habra, California
Reviewed 14 September 2010

This place is the biggest dump i've ever stayed in. Toilet seat broken, mold everywhere in the bathroom, window screen ripped, box springs bent, light bulbs burnt out in bathroom, and no bulbs in either ceiling fixtures.
Toilet clogged early morning and no one would answer the front desk phone so I had to use my cell phone to call in on their local line. Instead of fixing the clog they gave us a key for another room to use the toilet. Hole in the wall that appeared to be a bullet hole.
Need I say more?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank m2atwin

Travellers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Orange County, California, USA
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This place is the worst, at any price. Dirty...smelly...terrible front desk service. One of the worst (if not the absolute worst) places I've every stayed. But for the fact that all other hotels in and near Pismo Beach were fully booked, I never would have checked into this place. Now I know why it was the only place in town that had rooms available. Don't make the same mistake I did - If you can't find a room anywhere else, I recommend that you sleep in your car rather than stay at the Blue Seal Inn.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank AJSRAS
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Very old, needs renovation, There was no air conditioning which allowed a very moldy enviroment.
It is unfortunate, because this motel has a lot of potential and the location is very good.
Not woth the money, pay little more for one of the more established hotels.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Frank2466
Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 August 2009

This is one of the nastiest motel I have stayed at in a long time. I wish I had checked this place out earlier on Trip Advisor and gotten to read the not so glowing reviews. I agree with other reviewers that this place ought to be reported to the Health Department. I m okay living in a shack if I paid $10. But for $110 -- no way! I have two three year olds and I shudder to think that they are lying in the these filthy beds and are now going to get lice. The carpets are filthy. There is no AC or controlled air. Cheap windows with filthy screens are your only option and then you get to breathe the magnificent air of Main St. and hear the associated noise. It got so hot in the evening that I went to turn on the AC and found none. And to my shock, there was no fan either, only a bunch of wires hanging from the ceiling. I called the front desk and complained. The owner/clerk said that no hotel in Pismo Beach has AC (HA!) but he would give us a fan - would that work for us? We got a filthy,dirt-laden table fan which makes noise. And they seemed worried that we would walk away with it after we left........ The "non-smoking " room has an ashtray and cigarette holes in the blankets and sheets. The bathroom is pretty much useless -- the tub has no drain plug, the toilet seat is so rickety that one falls off at the worst possible time (nightmare for newly potty-trained children who will scarred for life). There are few electrical outlets available, the water faucet is filled with lime and the water does not flow properly. I could go on and on. What I mean to say is that one should stay the hell away from this place -- put up your tent on the beach if you have to or shell out the extra bucks. Better still, leave Pismo and drive a mile or so north to Shel Beach and try looking for accommodations there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank FabTwinMom
Clovis, California
Reviewed 20 July 2009

When I booked this motel, it was short notice for a summer weekend at the beach. The next day I saw the reviews and was discouraged...I even thought about canceling our trip if I could not find another place. But alas it was a getaway from the central valley heatwave for my wifes birthday so we decided to go anyways. When we got there, I'll be honest, I was pleasently surprised...it was not at all like the reviews had said. The staff was pleasent, then rooms where fine. I mean come on, for the price we paid I'm not going to be too picky, you get what you pay for and I've been in much worse places for much more money (and not early as nice as Pismo Beach). Nonetheless, we enjoyed our weekend. I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple days, but for a quick overnight getaway, I'd go back again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Selma
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Reserved a family suite for the 4th of July online in January. 2 weeks prior to our trip I called to verify our confirmation everything was fine upon arriving we entered the office an hour earlier before check in time the manager there stated our room had been sold because he was trying to get a hold of us and couldn't reach us. We originally had reserved the room for 258.50 internet special and he offered us 2 single bed rooms for double the price 415.00 and that he wanted cash and not my credit card, I didn't budge I then knew he wanted some cash in his pocket at my expense, we had no choice then to take the rooms we had driven 180 miles. Biggest mistake ever!!!! The rooms were filthy,floors were dirty,the so called bathroom door did not lock and they had their own pets keeping an eye out on everyone(ROACHES). That was the worst hotel/motel I had ever stayed at, never have I ever had such bad service,bogus internet specials,and such poor living arrangements for the price of the rooms,ruined my whole vacation. BBB.IRS and the Health Dept. should get involved. And some advice to everyone pay a little extra get a room near the beach it will be well worth it!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family