“One Night in Pismo”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Saarbrucken, Germany
“One Night in Pismo”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This Motel is really good. The owner, Bob, is very friendly. Because it was one of my last nights in the States, he gave me a room for 60$ (tax included). There was a refrigeator, a microwave, a tv, wifi for free and a clean bathroom and breakfast was for free, too.
Thanks, Bob!

P.S.: Forget about Motel6 ;)

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bachi85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights this week. The motel is located up Ocean View Drive, three blocks from Pismo Pier, near Rosa's Restaurant. Walking to the pier is an easy stroll. It is an older place that has been remodeled. The current owners have done a nice job and the place looks good. Unfortunately, they can't overcome flaws that were created when the place was built. First, the hotel faces towards the mountains, instead of the sea. That was probably a good thing before the Internet, when people drove along the highway looking for places to stay. Second, the rooms are "cozy". Big enough for two (comfortable) double beds or a king, a TV, dresser, and little else. The closet area includes a counter-height refrigerator, coffee-maker, and a microwave. Bathrooms have been remodeled and are adequate. There is no air conditioning, and fortunately, I brought a fan from home. The pool is large, new, and heated, (but just barely). Coffee, Tang, and muffins/sweet rolls are included for breakfast. (We paid $99 per nite with tax).
The biggest problem I had here is there is no view...just a parking lot. If you are looking for a place to sleep, this motel is fine, but as a getaway destination, it is lacking. I would have no problem staying here again, (managers are very cordial), but would prefer to be closer to "the action".

Room Tip: Single story rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Futuremauian
Bakersfield,CA
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I read the reviews of this place before we booked so I already knew it wasnt some posh place. Believe it or not Pismo was actually warm and our room was hot! No air conditioning or even a fan. The bed was really hard so i didnt get much sleep. The towels were also stained and scratchy. There was some good things. Location is great! A few blocks from Pismo's main area, and the freeway is right there, close to the outlets. The pool area was nice too.

Room Tip: ask for single level
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda M
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed 7 July 2011

After reading some of the positive and negative comments on the internet, I was really not sure what I was in for. We needed a pet-friendly location and this was the only affordable option left by the time we booked our hotel room.

On arrival at the hotel, we were met by Bob at the Front Desk. He was extremely friendly and our check-in went smoothly. We were placed in the single story section of the motel, so we had no one above us, which was nice. The furnishings are older but the room was very clean...especially the bathroom. We received daily housekeeping. The room had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We also borrowed a fan from housekeeping for the warmer days. The wireless internet was easy to connect to. While it is true that the facility is older, the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff made up for it.

There is a clean pool that was rarely used. It is near the freeway onramp, but they have double pane windows - I wore earplugs just in case. What I really liked is that at the back of the parking lot they have a nice grassy area where I could take my dog. There was a trashcan conveniently located there also. We towed a motorcycle and were able to put our small trailer and bike in a corner of the parking lot that was not conducive for parking cars...but perfect for our trailer and motorcycle. We were very thankful that Bob extended this option to us. (Especially on the holiday weekend)

If I was not taking my dog, I would have booked the Hilton and never stayed here ...but since I love my Bella girl and I had such a good experience here...I will be back to visit the Ocean Palms Motel again in the future.

Thank you to Bob and his wife for their gracious hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for the single story portion of the building. It is on the ground floow with no one above you...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank trailbiter
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Older, but quaint place. This hotel is a little older and not as fancy as some, but it
was nice and clean. There weren't a lot of rooms, but it was right off the main road
and easy to find. The room was a little small, but it was clean, and the bed was comfortable.
Being as this place was older, the walls were a little thin. I could hear the traffic and
other outside sounds the entire time. I simply used my ear plugs and I was fine. The room
had an old style heater which made some bangs and creaks, but it warmed the place up
quickly so I didn't mind. The bathroom was remodeled and had a new sink and shower. Everything was clean and neat. The office manager was nice and gave some recommendations where we could eat. He kindly gave me some extra towels and there were plenty of pillows on the bed. There was free WiFi which worked well and a small desk to use my laptop. The room had a small fridge and microwave. There is a little quicky mart nearby and plenty of places to eat within walking distance. They did not offer any type of continental breakfast, but there are other places around to eat. I would stay here again, I just wish it was not so close to the main road.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank casabear
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 29 December 2010

The room was large, very clean, well equipped with refrigerator and microwave. The manager was friendly and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 20 November 2010

My wife and I were both very impressed with this good value Motel. We stayed four nights. Our room was two double beds. First, the room was really clean, like new, including the bathroom. Looks like the motel has new windows, which you can slide open easily and when closed keep out the sound very well. The room had a micro oven as well as a small refridgerator, a bit larger than the usual small ones. The TV was excellent, wall mounted and all channels in HD, including HBO free. Good WiFi in room. The location is excellent, right off 101 with really easy access. Easy walking distance to beach, as I recall about 3 blocks, and to town center. Lots of restaurants around. Also, the motel manager, I believe his name is Bob, was very nice and helpful.

The beach at Pismo is among the best. It is miles long, very wide, and has a gentle slope in the water.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple