Ocean Palms Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sea Garden Motel(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Blue Seal Inn(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Pismo Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Inn at the Pier(Pismo Beach)
  • Pool
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)
Motel 6(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Dolphin Cove Motel(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsone nightwafflesroad tripwould stay here againroom was cleancoffee machinewalking distancecheck in was easybreakfast includedsan franciscofirst floormini fridgelocation is greatlong drivepiercerealpismo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Traveled: 04/01/12-04/02/12

If you're going to sleep after 9 a.m. as of now (except Sunday is no work day), you might as well stay in another hotel. This one is doing some finishing touches and work on the 2nd floor because they are updating the hotel. I was surprised to notice it's new and modern with the smell of fresh paint! I'm actually pretty glad I get to stay in an updated hotel with no worries of bed bugs during my stay.

It definitely looks roomie with a king size bed. It has a small buffet area next to the bathroom that holds a microwave, a mini coffee machine, and a refrigerator which this section of the room may had been formally a sink area. The bathroom is updated nicely too. Wifi/internet, shampoo, soaps, iron and iron board are included. Yes, if you have a cooler, you could get free ice. We didn't bother to get breakfast, but it's included. Has air conditioning and an old style heater. Free parking, but first come, first serve I believe as spaces are limited.

Overall, it's nicely updated and a great deal! Book it while you could still smell the fresh paint!

Room Tip: Book this while it's still fresh and updated while getting the best deal!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

nine weeks at the same establishment: And when the off season is over, management would rather threat you like an unruley tourist than a good paying coustomer. Note, when checking out management will ask you to do this Tripadvisor deal for them. THEY DO NOT CARE! Motel 6 is directly up the road!!!!!!!! Check out their better business skills... F-

Room Tip: Call the Chamber of Commerce first. With out customers this motel will go under quickly. There are many many motels/hotels in the close surrounding area. There might be offers on their web site, good luck with them!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Knucksout
oceanpalmmotel, Front Office Manager at Ocean Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear guest,

Your stay with us at the Ocean palms motel was greatly appreciated by us, we are sorry to read you thought otherwise, i would like to explain again as we did then, that we have seasonal rates, during the winter months and that our rates do change during the spring and summer seasons and on special events as they do at each individual motel, as i am sure you have experienced during your travels, we did offer you, a discounted rate, off our going weekend rate, as a repeat guest, we are sorry we are not able to offer you the weekday winter rate on weekends, we appreciated and respected your stay with the utmost courtsey and would only ask that in return with comments posted.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel was within easy walking distance of everything in Pismo Beach. The room was clean and roomy, with wi-fi, a mini fridge, and microwave. Unfortunately, it's just below the 101, so there's traffic noise all night. This is easily managed with ear plugs, and for the price, it's worth a little inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Booked on short notice and was really surprised at the price vs value. We usually stay at the $250 per night places but for just a quick trip we decided to roll the dice on this place. Looks like we will stay here from now on and spend the money saved on food and wine ( and gas). Bring your own pillows. Bathroom clean, bed clean. Coffee in the room as well as in the office. Plan in breakfast a few miles south of town at either the Depot Cafe or the Rock & Roll Diner. You won't be disappointed. Dave from Clovis

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The hotel manager Bob saved my life! A few weeks ago I went camping at North Beach with a few of my buddies. From the moment we had arrived at our camping spot, the temperatures were already well below 50 degrees. After going to bed around midnight, I woke up at 2 am freezing in my tent, I had never been so cold in my life. At this point I decided I would bail on my friends and walk to the nearest hotel, the first hotel I went to never answered their door, so I was forced to find the second nearest, which landed me at the Ocean Palms Motel. I rang the bell, praying that someone would answer, and out came Bob, who hooked me up with a room for the night. The room was great, spacious, clean, and a comfy WARM bed. I had never been so relieved in my life. I am so thankful Bob answered the bell that night, he was very helpful and friendly, and we had a good laugh the next morning when I checked out. Thank you Bob!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo