“You get more than what you pay for!”
Review of Ocean Palms Motel

Ocean Palms Motel
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Simi Valley, California
“You get more than what you pay for!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We've stayed here many times as we drive through Pismo Beach about once a month. We always stay for just one night but the price is what keeps us coming back! We always feel like we get much more than we paid for here. Great service, awesome location, comfortable beds, clean rooms and again... The price can't be beat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I checked in on a Saturday night and was told by the owner that he was expecting me on Friday. I had made the reservation with him several days earlier by phone. At first he was going to charge me for the Friday night, but then he realized the mistake was his and said not to worry and I checked in for my Saturday stay. When I returned home the next evening I saw that my credit card was billed for 2 nights, the Friday I wasn't there, as well as the Saturday. I immediately called him and told him of the billing error and he assured me it would be corrected. Over the course of the next two weeks I called him several times and each time he told me he would look into it and call me back. He has never returned my calls or refunded my money. I feel this is a dishonest way of doing business and he is charging me for a mistake he made, not me. I visit Pismo Beach several times a year but will not be staying here again. Very dishonest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lkoop51
alberta
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were greeted by the friendly proprietor "Bob" who made our request for a main floor room happen. The room is was clean with lots of room. We were surprised to find this at a very good price. A continental breakfast is included (also a nice surprise). Location is good to the beach and to the highway. Will be stopping there next time we are travelling the California coast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here one night while driving the California Coast. The Hotel was very nice and affordable. The rooms were well appointed and clean. Check in was easy and parking was right out front of the the room. Waterfront is not far away and walk able. Good restaurants in the area

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

You honestly can't beat this place for the price. We stayed here in the middle of January. Our stay was darn near perfect - the room was spacious, clean and freshly renovated. We were so pleased with our visit that we even stayed an extra night. The bed & pillows were comfy, the housekeeping staff was helpful & accommodating, they even tracked us down when we forgot an article of clothing in the room. The owner was cheerful, despite our VERY late check-in at 11:30pm. The road noise was un-noticeable during our visit - we didn't really have the windows open much however. Despite the hotel being completely booked, it was very quiet. The grounds were perfectly groomed, the pool looked enticing even in January! The location is surprisingly close to the beach - we could have walked. The fresh waffles were a big hit with the kids. We WILL be back and have already recommended this quaint little motel to our friends & family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Luckygirl1996
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Used the motel for one night on a road trip , absolutely superb and incredible value . Recently renovated rooms , very clean and nice friendly service - for 50 bucks - awesome value - super impressed with this place and would recommend without hesitation .........

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RandKMidlands
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night on way to LA, great place to stop and break the journey, such a cute little town with a gorgeous seaside. The room was nice & spacious, the whole place is very clean & tidy. The smell in the reception office is a bit off putting so we decided against breakfast. We would return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple