Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$234
Hotels.com
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$212
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$144
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$161
SeaVenture Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$161
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
Travelocity
US$106
All reviewslido restaurantfull kitchenwasher dryerbedroom condofree bikeswalk in closetcentral coastbeautiful resortocean viewresort feetide poolsthe sofa bedlaundry roomonsite restaurantperfect staylong weekendavila beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite for 5 nights. Upon arrival, they had a welcome gift for our toddler which included a bucket and shovel, construction paper, glue, play dough, small rubber duck and football game. I loved the fact that our suite had a full kitchen, high efficiency LG washer/dryer, twice daily maid service and the ability to order room service. The hotel provides everything you need during your entire stay, including paper towels for the kitchen, dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent. I only wish they provided special toiletries for the kids.

The room service menu was extremely limited, but we found a delivery service (www.menuclub.com) that offered delivery from a large number of local restaurants. This was a life saver since we often did not have the energy to go out to dinner or cook at the end of the day. Just order from menuclub early as it tends to take about an hour and half for the food to be delivered.

I had 2 massages at the spa. The spa itself is no frills as it has no facilities, but the treatments were great and quite reasonably priced for a hotel.

The hotel is located on a cliff, but there is a stair case that will take you to the beach with its many tide pools. Because the ocean water was pretty cold, we enjoyed spending time at the heated pool.

There is no pay per view movies, but the hotel has a pretty good DVD collection from which you can borrow and provides hot chocolate and popcorn. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. Get a room on the 4th floor for the best views. If you get a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite, opt for the floor plan with the jacuzzi because it offers a master bedroom with ocean views.
3  Thank aliciaandnick
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Greetings AliciaandNick,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the resort and all the amenities that we have to offer. I apologize that you found the beach to be unsatisfactory. I would like however, to thank you for your suggestions in regards to the kids toiletries. Feedback like this is always beneficial so that we may make necessary changes. We hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to Dolphin Bay Resort and Spa the next time you visit the Central Coast.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My family and I stayed at the Dolpin Bay Resort for one night during a recent trip up the coast. I had never heard of this property before finding it on-line, but the Trip Advisor recommendations seemed good, so I decided to chance it. Looking back now, it was one of the best hotels we stayed at on our whole vacation. The room far exceeded our expectation. The property was actually built as condominums, so our room was equipped with a full kitchen, living room area, and washer/dryer. Although it was not designated as an "Ocean View", we could still get a peek of the ocean from our balcony. The staff was extremely friendly, and seemed to geniunely care that our stay there was pleasant. My daughter loved that we could check out DVDs from the front desk and that we could take popcorn back to make in our room. It is only a short work down to the beach, but we found ourselves spending most of the time at the pool. The resort seemed very quiet while we were there, and we had much of the pool to ourselves. When we left the next day to continue our road trip, my wife asked when we would come back to the Dolphin Bay Resort. I hope it won't be very long.

1  Thank Christopher B
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Greetings Christopher B,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback in regards to your stay on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that we could provide you with a pleasant stay, enhanced by our friendly staff and movie experience. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future so that you may have another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have traveled world wide and all over in Cali and I have never found a property like this one. The views from the ocean front 2 bedroom are amazing,the sounds of the waves outside your patio doors are second to none. The pool is close and the wait staff was pleasant. The property is just the right size to receive type of service most properties strive for. These rooms are fully furnished with full kitchens and it was hard to leave. I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Try to book a higher floor with an Ocean Front View
Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Greetings ToddM2012,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback in regards to your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the unique essence our property has to offer. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of your suite and found the staff to be so accomodating. The next time you visit the Central Coast we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dolphin Bay Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We found this place by doing a search for beach front hotels near San Luis Obispo, which is half-way between San Francisco and LA. We took the treacherous drive down the Pacific Coast Highway with our four teenagers in an SUV. We've never seen a more welcome site in our lives than this resort after that drive! Our 2 bedroom penthouse suite was over 2200 square feet with a sub zero fridge and a fully equipped kitchen and an incredible glass balcony overlooking the pool and bluffs over the ocean. Every corner of this resort was immaculate. The landscaping was spectacular. My only wish is that we had more time to spend there. We had to leave to head to LA after two days. I literally had to drag the kids out of there! They were all acting like kids again... Searching for sea glass on the beach, swimming, playing. We especially enjoyed the firepit which was right beside three gas grills which we used to cook steaks we bought at a market nearby. This place is paradise on the west coast.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Greetings LynnGibb,
We want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your time with us here at Dolphin Bay Resort and Spa. I am pleased that you and your family could enjoy your accommodations as well as all the resort has to offer; including the BBQ's, pool, and firepit. We loo forward to welcoming you back in the near future, where hopefully you can stay for a longer visit.
The Dolphin bay Team

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My family and I had a fantastic weekend at the Dolphin Bay Resort. The staff was very accommodating to the needs of our three found kids and even welcomed us with sand toys and art supplies (crayons, constructions paper, scissors, play dough and glue) that were put to good use throughout the trip. The pool was enjoyable for kids and adults with an impressive Ocean view and poolside service.I liked the location because Pismo Beach can get really crowded but this is on the Shell Beach side and removed from that. The hotel sits right on the water with great views of the Ocean. You have to walk down some stairs to get to the beach but its a nice cove, with great tide pools and even on a holiday weekend, wasn't especially crowded. I'm a huge fan of the central coast and I loved being able to enjoy what it has to offer from this wonderful gem of hotel.

1  Thank MOTK2G1B
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Greetings MOTK2G1B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us here at Dolphin Bay Resort and Spa. I am pleased to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy your stay with us and could enjoy the extra amenities such as the kids buckets and pool experience. We are also pleased that you could enjoy the beach access, tide pools, and great views of the ocean without feeling crowded. We look forward to the next time you and your family visit the Central Coast and hopefully have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort.