We spent some time at this resort in late September with our 6 year old son. We stayed in an Oceanfront Corner Suite. The suite was amazing! It was as large as a condo!
The staff at the front desk were extremely courteous and polite. The valet went beyond the call of duty each day to inquire as to whether we needed anything "Ritz style". The check in was seamless. The suite was gorgeous with beautiful decor from the crown mouldings to the beautiful artificial plants making it feel very cozy! The fully equipped kitchen was wonderful with a full size fridge, oven, stove, microwave, kettle, tupperwares, pyrex set, bowls, hard plastic cup and jug set, different size drinking glasses sets, cutlery, all sizes of plates and bowls, pots and pans and all cooking utensils. There were wash clothes, Palmolive, and a dishwasher.
There was a laundry closet with a stackable washer/dryer, iron, and security safe. There was a dining room with a table for 4 (which could easily seat more) and another table right next to it outside as you open the sliding glass doors. There was a full size living room with nice resort like furnishings and another patio that opened towards the ocean with nice chairs outside. Both the bedroom and the living room had TVs. The bedroom had a walk in closet that was very very large! The only thing that did surprise me was the size of the bathroom in comparison to the entire suite. With such a large suite one would expect a jacuzzi tub bath and large bathroom, but more space was dedicated to the closet?? The bathroom was simply too small, and only had one vanity sink. The bed was comfortable, although it was hard to sleep with all the wedding music going on outside.
The swimming pool is your standard hotel/motel pool (not resort like by any means) but kept clean. The beach down below was quite messy with lots of unswept seaweed and a seal carcass that had thousands on flies on it, so we avoided the beach there.
The resort is in a beautiful location removed from the hustle and bustle of crowded Pismo Beach which is quite relaxing. We will return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the bluffs above one of the most beautiful coastlines in America, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa offers exclusive 1 and 2-bedroom suites designed for elegance and comfort. Each suite provides a spacious living and dining room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a balcony (or patio), along with all of the finest amenities. Lido Restaurant and Bar features tempting California Coastal cuisine with an emphasis on locally produced food and wines. Treat yourself to a luxurious treatment at The Spa at Dolphin Bay. From the sweeping ocean views to the impeccable service, you will escape the ordinary Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa
- Dolphin Bay Hotel Pismo Beach