“Disappointing”

Beachwalker Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Walls needs paint. Dirty carpet. I asked for a quiet room. At 10:30 at night a couple with 2 young kids came to stay next door . The walls were so thin.they were very noisy running around and slamming doors. Couldn't sleep with a very noisy refrigerator. We had to get up at 3 AM to unplug the darn thing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I decided to beat the heat and headed out to Pismo Beach for a couple of days in the cool Pacific air. We stayed three days at the Beach Walker Inn while we visited some friends that were vacationing in town. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They recently completed updating the rooms with paint and carpet. The beds were new also, I believe. This is not a high frills place but it is only two short blocks to the beach and downtown so it is conveniently located for walking places. The weekday rate was good and worth the price. Parking is a little tight for larger vehicles and as we were gone most of the day and early evening, finding a space when you returned was dicey. There is only one space per room, I believe, so if someone has visitors, you may not get a spot.
The Continental breakfast was modest and there is no place to eat so you must take the food back to your room. The Wi-Fi reception was poor and connecting was time consuming. Once on, it seemed about as fast as most public systems.

Room Tip: Get room close to office for better wi-fi reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for three nights and couldn't sleep! There is construction right outside my window as well as cars and trucks speeding up and down the street alllllll night! The bed made a horrible noise every time I would move around. The AC didn't work that well and there is a homeless camp across the street. I'd choose another place if I could do it over!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dgizz
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This was a quick stopover on a coastal trip Just-renovated rooms, large and clean ! Pleasantly surprised. New Tempurpedic beds make for an awesome nights sleep. Great location near beach!
Owner was gracious, simple breakfast was nice to have.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mtb5nj
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the Beachwalker for 2 nights. The room was pretty dark, and the decor in need of updating. The room also had a stale smell. The room however dud seem fairly clean.
We did not bother with breakfast.
On the 2nd night we had drunk men outside our room at 2am in the morning.
We were visiting from the UK, and we have been to some great places in Calafornia, but the Beachwalker Inn and Pismo Beach are both places I would never want to visit again.

Room Tip: Don't go to Pismo Beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for a night at this motel and found it in need of some fresh paint and new carpets, on arrival we opened the door to be greeted by an overwhelming smell of bleach, I suppose this means it had just been cleaned!
The pool is fairly small and right next to the PCH so we gave it a miss.
The continental breakfast is located in the small reception area and seemed to consist of coffee, cereal and pastries which you have to take back to your room.
If visiting Pismo again, which will never happen, I would stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bearsdenbloke
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Once a year in early April I seek out the Beachwalker Inn. It is a simple, clean, convenient accommodation at its very best. They recently renovated which makes it even better. There are no frills, no room service or any "high end" stuff. But, for the price, it can not be beat. The rooms are spacious, comfy and clean. And I know, I've traveled the world many times over. OK, so it's not at all a Five-Star Ritz Carlton, but I come back every year (four years now). A small continental breakfast is just fine. And its only two small blocks to the beach and easy to get to restaurants and Grover City just south. Great People. Great Place.

Room Tip: Just show up. The owners will makes sure you get a great room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo