“Excellent setting for breakfast”

Lido at Dolphin Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Lido at Dolphin Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 104 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spyglass Drive
Description: Lido Restaurant and Lounge at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa is one of the top sought after dining locations in Pismo Beach. The mesmerizing ocean view provides the perfect backdrop for a casual yet elegant dining experience. Come and experience the most spectacular sunsets Shell Beach has to offer while sitting on the Lido Patio. Executive Chef Jacob Moss has perfected his California Coastal Cuisine showcasing a variety of world class products that can be found right in the San Luis Obispo region. Chef Jacob has developed relationships with local farmers who provide produce freshly picked from their fields as well as with local ranchers and artisans so that he can provide the freshest and most natural cuisine. With over 300 wineries from the Santa Maria and Santa Ynez Valleys to the Edna Valley, Paso Robles and Monterey appellations, there are countless exciting and unique local wines to pair with Chef Jacob's cuisine. Lido is committed to bringing all of the farmers and wineries together in order to celebrate the endless bounties of our region.
“Excellent setting for breakfast”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

While we stayed at the hotel next door, we had breakfast 2 days in a row at the Dolphin Bay Resort. While it is pricey, it is a perfect setting on the patio with heaters if it is cold and umbrellas if it is too hot. Fortunately we didn't need either, the weather was perfect. Limited breakfast menu but each item was delicious and well prepared.

Visited September 2013
Todd B, Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much, Debra! We are thrilled to hear that we could make a positive impact on your trip. You certainly picked the right season to enjoy the patio. The weather has been nothing short of perfect lately. I will share your lovely sentiments with the crew, and we will look forward to seeing you out in the sunshine again soon!

Pismo Beach, California
“Service? What Service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

There are plenty of worker bees dressed in black whirling around here, but it is impossible to get the service that is commiserate with the prices.
I take clients here to eat on the patio and watch the sunset. That is alway spectacular. But the last 4 or 5 times I have been there the service and food was not to par.
One instant, they told us we could order NOTHING as the chef went home. Supposedly we could wait until 5 (it was 3) and order. Not even bread was available.
Last trip, I reserved a specific table as my client had children with him. 20 minutes on the phone securing the table only to arrive and see they gave it to someone else.

Visited September 2013
Todd B, Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you, Teri, for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are quite proud of the fact that we stay open all day, from breakfast through dinner every day of the year, so this is certainly confusing and troubling news! I will reach out to you personally to see if we can get to the bottom of that incident, and in the future please feel free to ask for me personally, or the manager on duty, as we will be happy to ensure that this is never the case. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. We will look forward to delivering you with a service experience that rivals the view in the future.
Lodi, California
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Lido Restaurant. The restaurant is at the Dolphin Bay Resort Hotel. We did not find any parking so we had to use the valet, which was fine. We had made reservations and were promptly seated. I had told the person that took our reservations that we were celebrating our anniversary and I wanted him to suggest a seat for us. He said he would give us a corner window seat with an ocean view. We were given the seat that we had been promised. Our waiter, Brian, provided great service and he was fun and joking with us. The service could not have been any better. I have read on other reviews that the food was not up to par for the reviewer, however, our dinner was excellent. Our waiter knew we were celebrating our 30th anniversary, so he brought us a dish of "gelato" with the words "Happy 30th Anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate. We enjoyed a sunset view during the dinner as well. The restaurant had a subject playing a guitar during dinner. It was not overpowering and we could talk to each other without having to raise our voices. Even though the restaurant is at a resort, most people were dressed in business attire and up. I did not see anyone in shorts, so I'm glad we had dressed appropriately. It is somewhat expensive (our dinner for two with two glasses of wine each was $140). But, I thought it was well worth it. We will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Todd B, Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Well, thank you so much for the encouraging feedback. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experiences with both the food and service, and even happier to hear we could make such a strong impact on such a special day for you both! We will pass the accolades on to Brian and the rest of the staff, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Lido”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband took me to the Lido for my birthday dinner and the food was excellent! It's too bad that the service wasn't better! Our server wasn't really interested in our being there at all. She was condescending and plainly not a people person. My husband had mentioned it was a special occasion but that didn't seem to make a difference. Overall, despite the great food, we were more impressed with the valet service!

• Visited August 2013
Todd B, Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us here! We are very proud of our Chef team here at Lido, as they have continued to impress us with fantastic dishes all Summer, and have a brand new Fall menu just around the corner. We will focus the staff on going the extra mile to make every celebration as memorable as possible, and will look forward to impressing you again soon!

Todd Brown
Director of Food & Beverage
Los Angeles, California
“Scallops Unforgettable”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Surf & Turf gourmet for lunch carnivores and ravenous romancers. Prime Rib BLT on sourdough, with a thick but smooth cut of avocado. Pistachio coated Scallops seared to perfection. Root Beer Cake (Yes, cake) with a side drink Float -- the chocolate layer cake dessert aficionados. Despite all the gluttony, this is a romantic setting with an ocean view. Attractive staff, fairly fast on their feet. But I want to get back to those Scallops, which even though they were an appetizer item I have not forgotten them a long time after.

• Visited February 2013
Todd B, Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for posting your experience on Trip Advisor! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed so many items from our menu, and the lunch special. Executive Chef Jacob Moss always appreciates and carefully considers all guest feedback. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Warm Regards