“excellent hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Bussum, The Netherlands
“excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The best hotel we have stayed in during our west coast trip. Excellent nice and clean rooms. Superb service and breakfast. Very nice cozy hotel. The employees were very service minded and nice.

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
1 Thank Curkid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stopped on a Saturday with no reservations and they could take us--phew!!--lots of places booked.
The two women on the front desk were wonderful (as were the warm cookies); kept punching in codes till they found us a room on the "view" side of the hotel (the pool and a sliver of ocean way out there rather than parking lot) and a rate that included breakfast for two for much less than buying breakfast separately would have cost. They were also very helpful with recommendations for restaurants in Pismo Beach--about a 5 minute drive away.
King room was large, clean with a dial-a-firmness mattress; and had a small refrigerator (not stocked), desk and sofa with decent lighting. Free wi-fi for Hilton HHonors members. Don't know if it's free for others.
Small bar near reception. Not long hours, 5-9 I think? After getting back from dinner, got a glass of wine and was able to take it to the room.
Outdoor pool and hot tub looked nice, but we didn't use it.
Breakfast had a decent buffet that included bagels, oatmeal, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. The kitchen also cooked eggs and french toast to order. We did the buffet. Judging from frustrated diners, the made-to-order breakfasts were slow coming out.
The dining area where breakfast is served also serves dinner. No diners were there Sat. night, the wait staff said that was normal on weekends. Their usual diners are business people on weeknights.
My first Hilton Garden Inn stay, and it left a very favorable impression overall.

bay area san francisco
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Nice Hotel we expected to be closer to the beach. however staff member had made our stay more comfortable. great breakfast!!! and when we were introduced to the beds...well...we liked our temperpedic better but they did a satisfactory job. We may or may not return

Room Tip: If you are a user of temperpedic these beds.....
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Very good value for the money; very comfortable rooms and facilities. Staff could not be more helpful

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hoofie
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This is the former Mission Inn that was purchased by Hilton and completely gutted and reborn the Garden Inn. Lovely decor, modern and clean, the staff knowledgeable and helpful.

Our king room was large and clean. We had breakfast in the small cafe price was good and selection bountiful. There is also a bar but we didn't get a chance to have a drink there. The pool area looked nice but we didn't use that amenity.

This is a gem of a hotel and a good value. Almost hesitate to write the review!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington State, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I booked this hotel for business as it was situated between San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria (which is the towns I was traveling between). This hotel is not on the beach in Pismo - it's high up directly off the freeway. You are close enough (less than 5 minute drive) to the beach activity without the mania of all the beach-goers and traffic. I thought this was a negative when I first arrived but that first night I heard NOTHING so don't let the location tempt you away from staying here.

The desk clerks were extremely helpful when I got there (early) and even though the room I requested was not ready, she called housekeeping and asked if they could rush clean the room so I could be placed where I requested (which was a garden/patio room). They checked me in and I was in my room in less than 20 minutes! Apparently the room wasn't that dirty because I double-checked everything and it was spotlessly clean...and the bed was even turned down!! On my way down the hall, I ran into the on-site manager who escorted me the rest of the way and opened the door for me and gave me her card and asked if there was anything else I needed...just let her know. It was the most excellent service I've encountered yet from Hilton. I'm not sure every guest has this experience but I am extremely pleased that I was a receiver.

The bathroom was very large and had a pedestal sink with a large tub and shower (combo). Outside the bathroom was the closet and another sink/get ready area - which I would imagine would be very nice if you were traveling with more than just one person. The king size bed has something called the Serenity Bed which is apparently some new revolutionary bedding...all I know is that it was gloriously comfortable and they give you 5 pillows...yes, 5!! The linens were soft and comfortable as well. I could not get over how large the room itself was...King size bed with a craftsman chair and ottoman, a full sized desk with large ergo chair, a 5-ft long dresser, 2 bedside tables AND room enough to walk comfortably around without bumping into anything. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to the Pismo Beach (SLO or Santa Maria) area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank rbc709295
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2011

stayed here for one night, and really liked it. Front desk staff were excellent. Downtown isn't really walkable, although a short drive. Room was huge, and very comfortable. Free wifi in room and free printing in their excellent business centre. The overall experience was only slightly let down by poor staff at the breakfast. They got our order wrong twice, and brought cold water for tea?!? A pretty minor bump in an overall excellent experience.

1 Thank Ed_Limerick