“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Fresno, California
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I found this hotel at the last minute on a Sat afternoon. They had fresh baked cookies at check-in and according to my kids the cookies were pretty good. The room was clean and spacious. Bed was comfy... Quick drive to the beach. My kids loved the pool and jacuzz and can't wait to go back and stay again. Customer service was great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Lakewood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Love this location. Its just south of SLO @ Pismo Beach. However, there is plenty to do and eat near-by. The outlet stores are within walking distance as well. Avila Beach is just a couple miles north and SLO is 12 miles north. There is a Hampton Inn and an Embassy Suites in SLO but this Hotel is cheaper.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Paso Robles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Whenever I'm really happy with something, I say "I'm happy with my haircut" (taken from the movie The Rock). I stayed at the HGI the night before my wedding with a few of my bridesmaids and we all got ready there the next morning. Then, my new husband and I stayed there for the first night of our honeymoon. Everything about our stay was very enjoyable, the room was huge, and very clean (which is extremely important to me), and the staff was super friendly. My out-of-state friends and family stayed there as well, and all of them had very good things to say about their stay! I would definitely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Pismo Beach! :)

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed here after driving down from San Francisco and checked in very late.

Room was spacious, clean and quiet ... the check in staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us, unfortunately we only stayed here one night. Without a doubt the best hotel we stayed at in our three weeks in America, kids preferred this hotel over the Luxor in Vegas.
Wife was disappointed to find out that there was an outlet shopping mall right next door as we were checking out.

If we do the Big Sur again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harold B
Pismo Beach, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Very pretty location, easy access off of the freeway. This hotel needs fresh carpet and updating. If it's a quick overnight stay - fine. I wouldn't stay here for much more than that. The hotel just feels old. Rust colored paint on the walls, vinyl furniture, dirty carpeting, you get the picture. I could hear conversations from the next room - luckily nothing else!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

San Pedro - CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Called the hotel and made a reservation for a room with a pool view.
Checked in to realize our room was in the basement with a view of a bunch of rocks and a fence. Called front desk and the rude attendant Alan tried to argue with me that there was no such reservation with a pool view. He then said the fence was the pool view if i inisisted and he had other calls to attend to and hung up. I literally had to produce my email confirmation to Mark who was apologetic for the not so bright looking with poor services previous employee. Alan actually told me there is no where else decent to stay at this time of the season in town. So i either stayed or go to a trashy hotel. Will never stay there for even free. Rather stay at a motel 8 or hamptons than this place. Other than that the hotel was clean and the teenage hotel kitchen staff/crew were very effective, friendly, and customer service oriented.
Very shady customer service at the front desk though. I realised i was not the only one given wrong reservations while sitting at the lobby.

Room Tip: Pool view and upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Mr. Benelit,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry we were not able to upgrade you to a West facing room. As you commented in your review we are not located on the ocean therefore we do not have ocean views. Our effort to upgrade you to a patio room at the same charge was not suitable so we gave you the room which you had originally reserved. You checked in at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday night so we did not have any other upgrades available. We appreciate your business and I am sorry that we were unable to satify you on this trip. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your future traveling needs.
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary---checked in on a Thursday and left on Saturday. We were warmly greeted by the staff and welcomed with fresh baked cookies. We loved our room. It was the very quiet both nights, which is a rare occasion when we travel. Very comfortable bed and spacious room. we enjoyed a peekaboo view of the ocean. The hotel is well located to Avila Beach and San Luis Obispo, to local shopping at the Outlet mall and other conveniences. The Jacuzzi was great. The bar, though limited in alcohol selection, was cozy with a gas fireplace and a partial view of the ocean.