“A great deal in Pismo!”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Newark, California
“A great deal in Pismo!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Came for a quick getaway. Hotel was very clean and service was excellent. Rooms were updated and spacious. I love how there's a sink area just outside the bathroom. I have somewhere to get ready while someone else showers. Location is good, very close to the outlets and one exit from the pier. Their check-out system was down when we left but that didn't hinder our stay and they were truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear jfizzy,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here with us, and thank you for noticing the small details in the room that we provide to our guests to increase their expereince. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and I'm humbled to know our staff did just that during the brief system shutdown. Thanks jfizzy, and we hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future!

Gordon Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed for 5 days last week at the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach and had a wonderful experience! The hotel was super clean and the staff was so friendly, from the front desk, the maids, the servers in the restaurant, even the friendly maintenance man. It is conveniently located near the interstate and easy to get to all the beaches and other sights in the area. We will definitely stay there next time we are in the Pismo Beach area! We also loved the sleep number bed; it was the first time we have slept in one. We also loved the extra touches, like the coffee and water that is in the lobby almost 24/7, and the USA Today newspaper laying out every day. Thanks again to Kelsey and Kayla and Tammy for such a great time!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear MargyE,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your your stay. I am very pleased pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our staff was able to magnify your visit to Pismo Beach. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and providing our guests with those extra amenities (free coffee, fresh fruit water, daily newspaper, adjustable beds, etc.) to truly enhance their experience at our property. Thanks MargyE, and we hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This HGI has been a home away from home for me for the past year. Staff never fails to smile and offer whatever service they can provide. Although this hotel is not on the beach, it is within just a short drive and provides the safety and peace and quiet some of the pricey hotels on the beach cannot offer. The hotel is quiet and offers a great nights sleep. Beautiful grounds. The staff take great pride in keeping the grounds immaculate, the bushes and flowers pruned and trimmed and the pool and hot tub are pristine. Whether you are looking for a family weekend trip or a business trip, I would make the HGI in Pismo your first stop.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room (looking out toward the ocean) on the 3rd or 4th floor. If you want a p...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear nippon703,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach each and every time you visit the area. I am very pleased to know that we have been able to provide that "home away from home" atmosphere for you. We know how traveling on business can be tiring. We take pride in going that extra mile to provide our corporate guests with daily smiles and extending them a helping hand whenever possible to help them destress after a long day's work. Thank you for noticing the details such as the location of our property and our staff's ability to keep our grounds well-maintained; it's details such as these that truly enhance our guests' experience. Thank you nippon703, and we hope to once again have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future!

Folsom, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I normally preferred Marriott's over Hilton, but am truly glad i gave this place a try. Hotel is in a quiet neighborhood surrounded by very nice homes. Room is spacious,very clean with a few little nice touches ie; Keurig coffee maker and electronic door sign (pretty cool). Bed was also very comfortable. Will definitely come back and check out other Hilton Garden Inn due to this experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear babylvdogs,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here with us and thank you for noticing the little things such as the Keurig coffee maker and electronic door sign. Amenities such as these are just a few ways to show that we take that extra step in ensuring every guest has a truly memorable experience. Thanks again babylvdogs, and we hope that if you are in the area again you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach!

Newport Beach, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was disappointed that the reservation that I had made in advance was not honored when I arrived in the hotel; therefore, we were unable to stay there. The handicap acess room that I requested was unavailable. The front desk people did not seem to care about solving the problem. Therefore, we had to go to another hotel in the area, which made every effort to accomodate us at a late date.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Gloria,

Thank you for your review of your recent encounter with our hotel. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Livermore, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great staff and very clean rooms. I found it a bit overpriced since my room looked at a parking lot, but overall good hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast area, felt a bit more like home than most hotel breakfast areas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Katy D,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay. I greatly appreciate your feedback especially about your room location. Our front desk agents go through a lengthy process to ensure all our guests are placed in the best rooms to meet their requests. Unfortunately we do not have enough rooms to satisfy each request, but we strive for perfection in all other areas of our property to make-up for the fact. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay and that our breakfast atmosphere was able to enhance your overall experience. Thanks again Katy D, and should you be in the area again I want to welcome you back to enjoy one of our nice rooms with a view. See you soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in February as a week-end get-away. When we checked in the woman at the Front Desk was very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately my status with HittonHHonors was not recognized and as a result none of the usual perks were offered. I didn't think it was an issue at the time. We stayed for two nights and the visit went down hill from there. The room was not up to Hilton standards as far as cleanliness and the finishes were quite worn - stained carpet, detectable odors, peeling paint & wallpaper in the bathroom. We asked to change rooms but were told that due to high occupancy they couldn't do that for us. Later that day one of the maids told us that there were vacancies so I really don't know what was going on. The poor customer service continued through the visit and the check out process was generally rude. Despite being a high standing member of the Hilton loyalty program I was denied a late check out, like one hour, and then locked out of the room when we were taking our luggage out to the car.

I contacted Hilton on this but no one from the hotel ever followed up with us. Pismo Beach is a really nice place to visit for a short trip but we will never go back to the Hilton Garden Inn, that's for sure.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view on the 3rd or 4th Floor for a nice view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alsons2014
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Alson Silva,

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your stay with us in February. I always appreciate feedback from our guests as it is truly invaluable towards the betterment of our staff's ability to greater serve our guests in the future. I want to send out my sincerest apology that we could not make your stay 100% satisfactory. We always strive for perfection and putting our best foot forward when it comes to making our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. That is our promise. I understand that the issues you encountered take away from that promise. Our staff goes to great lengths to put the guest first and does everything in their power to make sure their needs are met, however we cannot always honor every request especially during a weekend of high occupancy. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I am confident that should you return to the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, we will be able to exceed your expectations.